|(no known image)|
|Birth:||c. 1786 in Madison County, Georgia|
|Death:||c. 1865 in Screven County, Georgia|
|Marriage:||May ??, 1811 in unknown|
John may have appeared as early as 1804 and again in 1818 in Bulloch County as a chain carrier for Elijah Bragg. It is possible that Elijah was his father, but there is no record of it. The first known record of John was in the 1820 land lottery in Screven County. He is supposed to be buried in Big Horsecreek Church Cemetery in Millen, Georgia, but I could not find him listed there. Very likely, his grave marker has been lost (there are over 50 unknowns in that cemetery). He appears to have died before January 20, 1863, when an inventory was made of his home as directed by the Screven County Probate Court.
- Big Horse Creek Baptist Church Cemetery.
- Descendants of John Bragg, Sr..
- Descendants of Thomas Sasser and Clarissa.
- Index to Jenkins County, Georgia, Cemeteries.
- The Wilsons, Burkes and Braggs of Screven County, Georgia.
- Dixon Hollingsworth Card Collection