John Dale was born ca 1763 in Virginia. His parents are not known. John Dale was a veteran of the Rev. War. He was also referred to as John Deel in the Rev War according to his Rev War records. His children and other generations go by the spelling of Dale.
John Dale entered the Rev War on 27 Feb 1779 from Fauquier Co., Va. in which he resided. He served at various times throughout the war and his highest ranking was Sergeant. He served with the Virginia troops as follows:
- From 27 Feb 1779 in Catain Wayles and Howard's Company, Colonial Abraham Buford's regiment, was in the battle of Waxhaws
- In Colonial Christian Fabiger's regiment as a recruiting sergeant, length of service, eighteen months
- Three months in Captain Valentine Peyton's company and was in a skirmish at Jamestown
- Three months in Captain Coleman's company of artillery
- Three months in Captain William Foster's company.
- While residing in Prince William County, Va. he served one month under Colonial Henry Lee, and was engaged in opening roads for the baggage wagons of the Army, then on the march to Yorktown to besiege Lord Cornwallis.
John Dale lived in several locations in his lifetime:
- 1799--- Fauquier Co., Va.
- 1780-1784-- Prince William Co., Va.
- 1784-1787--Wilkes Co., Ga.
- 1787-1788--Bedford Co., Va.
- 1788-1807--Clark Co., Ky.
- 1807-1813--Jackson Co., Tn.
- 1813-1833--White Co., Tn.
He died 28 Aug 1833 in White Co., Tn.
After his first wife, Frances Daniel, died, John Dale married the second time (25 Feb 1813 in Jackson Co., Tn) to Lucy Britt, who is named in his Rev War records.
His will is dated 24 Aug 1833 in White Co., Tn.
|Offspring of John Dale and Frances Daniel (c1763-c1810)|
|Elizabeth Dale (c1790-1815)|| |
|Daniel Dale (c1793-1865)|| |
|Janette Dale (c1796-aft1854)|| |
|Lucinda Dale (1807-1860)|| |
|John Henry Dale (c1808-1847)|| |
|Martha Frances Dale (c1810-1849)|
|Offspring of John Dale and Lucy Britt (c1796-1853)|
|Julian Dale (c1813-)|| |
|Eliza Dale (c1821-)|| |
|Mary Melinda Dale (c1823-bef1859)|