Vital Statistics Edit
- Sex : Male
- Born : August 2, 1863 in Henniker, NH
- Married : March 7, 1889 in Manchester, NH
- Died : June 24, 1951 in Manchester, NH
- Leon Hiram Rice (1890-1980)
- Ethel Maude Rice (1895-1979)
- Harold Leighton Rice (1896-1926)
- Annie Elizabeth Rice(1898-1979)
- John Cameron Rice(1903-1980)
- George Frank Rice (1909-2002)
John H. Rice of 191 Jewett street, treasurer of the Leighton Machine company died Sunday night at his home.
A native of Henniker he had been a resident of this city for 68 years.
Survivors include three sons, Leon H. Rice and John C. Rice of this city, and Comdr. George F. Rice, USN, of Washington D.C.; two daughters, Mrs. Ethel R. Sandborn of this city and Mrs. Annie R. Hendrickson of Milwaukee, Minn; also seven grandchildren, five great grandchildren.
Mr. Rice was a member of the First Methodist church, Lafayette lodge, No 41 F and AM, teh N.H. Consistory and Bektash temple, AAONMS.
He was one of the oldest residents of East Manchester, and had served for three terms in the Legislature and at one time was a member of the School Board.
He was known through out the machine industry as an inventor and had patented many basic improvements in the machinery for the knitting industry.
Funeral arrangements are in complete and are in charge of the Goodwin Funeral home.