Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
6 February 1875 in Catfish, Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States of America to Brice Blair Shade (1851-1934) and Emma S Hildebrand (1851-1912) and died 20 March 1956 in Altoona, Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States of America of unspecified causes. He married Ida Belle Saylor (1878-1937) 17 December 1896 in Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States. Ancestors are from the United States.John Hildebrand Shade was born
",40.511" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value 40.511.
",-78.4" can not be assigned to a declared number type with value -78.4.
|Offspring of John Hildebrand Shade and Ida Belle Saylor (1878-1937)|
|Naomi Irene Shade (1897-1939)||May 1897 Altoona, Blair County, Pennsylvania||1939|| Mr. Keith|
|Gladys Isabelle Shade (1899-)||October 1899 Altoona, Blair County, Pennsylvania|| Leo W Cramer (1893-1963)|
|Thelma Adaline Shade (1905-1954)||19 July 1905 Altoona, Blair County, Pennsylvania||1954|
|Offspring of Brice Blair Shade and Emma S Hildebrand (1851-1912)|
|John Hildebrand Shade (1875-1956)||6 February 1875 Catfish, Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States of America||20 March 1956 Altoona, Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States of America|| Ida Belle Saylor (1878-1937)|
|William Leamer Shade Sr. (1877-1944)||4 March 1877 Leamersville, Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States||13 March 1944 Hollidaysburg, Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States|| Bertha Olive Lodwick (1882-1965)|
|Daisy J Shade (1879-1972)|| |
|Albert Guy Shade (1883-1975)|| |
|Susan Berthy Shade (1894-1958)|| |
|Milton C Shade (1889-1952)|| |
|Walter Blair Shade (1892-1983)|
Sources & Notes
- United States Federal Census
- 1880 Catherine Twp., Blair Co., PA
- 1900 Logan Township, Blair County, Pennsylvania - #373, 373
- John Shade, 25, 2-1875 PA, married 5 years, blacksmith, rents
- Ida Shade, 21, 7-1878 PA, 2 of 2 children living
- Naoma Shade, 3, 5-1897 PA
- Gladest Shade, 7/10, 10-1899 PA
- 1910 Altoona, Blair County, Pennsylvania - #256, 266 - Ward 8 - 324 Walton Avenue
- John Shade, 34 PA, married 14 years, car builder at car shop, rents
- Ida Shade, 31 PA, 3 of 3 children living
- Naomi Shade, 12 PA
- Gladys Shade, 10 PA
- Thelma Shade, 4 PA
- 1920 Altoona, Altoona, Blair County, Pennsylvania - #73, 77 - Ward 10 - 230 2nd Avenue
- John Shade, 33 PA, rents, Car builder for steam RR
- Ida Shade, 40 PA
- Thelma Shade, 14 PA
- Naomi Keith, 22 PA
- Gladys Cramer, 24 PA
- John Cramer, 9/12 PA
- 1930 Altoona, Blair County, Pennsylvania - #487, 504 - 230 2nd Ave
- John Shade, 54 PA, married at 22, rents $20 month, car builder for P.R.R. Co.
- Ida Shade, 50 PA, married at 19
- Naomi Shade, 31 PA
- Gladys Shade, 28 PA
- Thelma Shade, 19 PA
- John Shade, 11 PA
- R.L. Polk Co,'s Altoona Directory
- 1906 - Shade John H, car bldr, h 212 3rd
- 1910 - Shade John, car bldr, h 324 Walton ave
- 1912, 1914, 1917, 1919, 1930 - Shade John H, car bldr, j 230 2d ave
- 1943 - Shade John H (Mary) mech h230 2d av
- 1945, 1947, 1948, 1951 - Shade John H (Mary A) h230 2d av
- World War I Draft Registration Card
- John Shade, 230 Second Ave, Born Feb 6 1875, Car Builder for Penna RR, Ida Shade wife, medium height and build, brown eyes, dark hair
- Altoona Mirror
- February 1, 1937 - Obituary of his wife.
- Mrs. Ida Belle Shade, wife of John H. Shade of 230 Second Avenue, died at 4:40 o'clock this morning at the home after a brief illness. She was a daughter of W.E. and Mary Saylor and was born on July 19, 1878, at Newton Hamilton. Mrs. Shade is survived by her husband and two children, Naomi and Thelma Shade, and a grandson John Shade at home. She is also survived by two brothers W.G. and L.P. Saylor, and two sisters, Mrs. A.L. Cummings and Mrs. Edith Detterline of Altoona. Mrs. Shade was a member of the Fifth Avenue Methodist Church. The funeral will take place from the home on Wednesday afternoon at 2 o'clock, services to be conducted by her pastor, Rev. L. Elbert Wilson. Interment will be made in Greenwood cemetery.
- February 1, 1937 - Obituary of his wife.