Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Jonathan Brownem 11 Feb 1661/1662 to Mary Shattuck (1645-1732) - She d 23 Oct 1732 aged 87 and was buried in the Waltham graveyard. His Will was dated 19 Feb 1690-1691 and proved Apr 7 and Inventory dated 1 Apr 1691. Wife and son Abraham Exec'rs. Real estate 6lots of land amounting to 211 acres appraised at L247. [Prob Records Vol VII 134-137.] N.B.-His sons dropt the final e. (Figure: Signature of Jonathan Browne)
Marriage & Family
This generation drops the e from the Browne name.
- James Brown (1661-1665)
- Mary Brown (1662-1732) - b 5 Oct 1662 m (1st) 22 Mar 1682/1683 John Warren by whom she had 2 children...He d 11 Jul 1703 and she m (2d) 14 Mar 1703/1704 Samuel Harrington.
- Elizabeth Brown (1664-1740) - b 19 Sep 1664 m 25 Mar 1687 Daniel Benjamin 9 chil.
- Jonathan Brown (1666-1666)] - b 25 Oct 1666, died young.
- Patience Brown (1669-1693) - b 6 Mar 1668/1669, m inSherburne 5 Mar 1686/1687 Isaac James Bigelow. She died soon leaving one child James bap 6 May 1688 mentioned in the Will of her father [Bigelow, 44.]
- Susana Brown (1670-) - ?
- Abraham Brown (1671-1729) - md Mary Hyde - Tavern Keeper - Militia Captain - b 26 Aug 1671, d 27 Nov 1729.
- Samuel Brown (1674-1764) - b 21 Oct 1674, ?prob unmarried.
- Lydia Brown (1677-1711) - (twin) b 26 Aug 1671, d 27 Nov 1729.
- Alse Brown (1677-1770) - (twin)
- Ebenezer Brown (1679-1711) - b 10 sep 1679. He probably d unmarried. (It was formerly supposed that this was the Ebenezer Brown who d in Newton Mar 1740, but that isimprobable if not certainly disproved.}
- Benjamin Brown (1682-1753) - md Ann Garfield - b 27 Feb 1681/1682, d 11 Mar 1753.
- William Brown (1684-1756) - md Sarah Bond - b 3 Sep 1684, d 28 Oct 1756.
|Offspring of Abraham Browne and Lydia Ann Brown Hodges (1608-1686)|
|Johnathon Brown (1635-1691)||25 October 1635 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||March 1691 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|| Mary Shattuck (1645-1732)|
|Abraham Browne (1639-1667)||6 March 1639 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||28 September 1667 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|| Mary Dix (1639-1675)|
- Google Books : New England Historical and Genealogical Register - Vol 36 - pp 117-119.
- Shattuck Family Genealogy - Children of William and Susanna Shattuck
- Browne Family Genealogy - Children of Abraham and Lydia Browne
- Ancestors of Eugene Ashton - Lots of good research on Abraham Brown Family.
- Abraham Brown (1579-1650)/List of Famous Descendants