|Joseph Wilson Powell|
|(no known image)|
|Birth:||November 11, 1837 in Screven County, Georgia|
|Death:||February 11, 1901 in Screven County, Georgia|
|Burial:|| Scott-Powell Family Cemetery,|
Sylvania, Screven County, Georgia
|Spouse/Partner:||Eugenia Elizabeth Scott|
|Marriage:||?? ??, 1865 in Screven County, Georgia|
Joseph Powell is mainly known for his service in the Civil War. He was a private in Co. D, 25th Regt., Georgia Infantry. He also became the guardian of his young sister-in-law, Tallulah Scott, after her mother's decease.
- Scott, Walter. De la Noye Genealogy File, Part B.
- Screven Jenkins Regional Library System - Dixon Hollingsworth Surname Card Collection
- Griener, Elizabeth. Submission of Will. Ord. Office of Screven County, Book 12, P. 454, 12-15-1874.
- Powell, Lewis. Brief transcription of Will. Sept. 7, 1868.
- Scott, Eugenia, and some siblings. Summary of Paternal Ancestry.
- Screven County Bond Book "A" 9, P. 178 - 10-20-1868.
- Screven County Clerk's Office Book Z, P. 117 - 12-2-1882.