Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
July is the seventh month of the year in the Gregorian Calendar and one of seven Gregorian months with the length of 31 days. It is, on average, the coldest month within much of the Southern hemisphere.
July begins (astrologically) with the sun in the sign of Cancer and ends in the sign of Leo. Astronomically speaking, the sun begins in the constellation of Gemini and ends in the constellation of Cancer.
July was renamed for Julius Caesar, who was born in that month. Previously, it was called Quintilis in Latin, since it was the fifth month in the ancient Roman calendar, before January became the first month of the calendar year (the year when displayed as twelve months in order) during the time of the decemvirs about 450 BC.
- In Finnish, the month is called heinäkuu, meaning "month of hay", related to agriculture.
- In the Irish Calendar the month is called Iúil and is the third and last month of the Summer season.
- In Turkish, the month is called Temmuz, most likely taken from the Jewish Month Tammuz.
- The Welsh name for July is Gorffennaf which means end of the summer.
- The Japanese name for July is Shichigatsu (七月) which means "seventh month".
- The Spanish name for July is Julio (七月)
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at July. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|