कानपुर नगर जिला
|— District of Uttar Pradesh —|
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Kanpur|
|• Total||3,029 km2 (1,170 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,500/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||77.6 per cent|
|• Sex ratio|
|Major highways||NH 2|
Kanpur district (Kanpur Nagar District) is one of the districts of the Uttar Pradesh state of India. It is a part of Kanpur division and its district headquarters is Kanpur. Due to increase in population of Kanpur District, for proper administration it has been divided into two. The term Kanpur refers to the combination of Kanpur Nagar District and Kanpur Dehat District. This article explains Kanpur Nagar District.
Kanpur District was divided into two district namely Kanpur-nagar and Kanpur-Dehat in year 1977. Reunited again in year 1979. Again separated in year 1981.
Cities and TownsEdit
Kanpur Urban DistrictEdit
Important cities and towns of Kanpur Nagar are:
- North Kanpur - Bithoor, Mandhana, Kalyanpur, Rawatpur, IITK, Moti Jheel, Panki
- West Kanpur - Sachendi, Dharmangadpur
- East Kanpur - Shuklaganj,Gangotri Township
- Kanpur Rural-Bilhaur, Shivrajpur, Chobepur, Bithoor
Kanpur Rural DistrictEdit
Important cities and towns of Kanpur Dehat are:
According to the 2011 census Kanpur district has a population of 4,572,951 , roughly equal to the nation of Costa Rica or the US state of Louisiana. This gives it a ranking of 32nd in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,449 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,750 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 9.72 %. Kanpur Nagar has a sex ratio of 852 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 81.31 %.
With a literacy rate of 77.6 per cent, Kanpur Nagar district has the highest literacy rate amongst the districts of Uttar Pradesh. There are top class Educational Institutes & world famous Green Park (Cricket Ground).
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Costa Rica 4,576,562 July 2011 est"
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Louisiana 4,533,372"
- ^ "Seminar On Progress Of Literacy In India: What The Census 2001 Preveals Niepa, New Delhi, October 05, 2002". India’s Literacy Panorama. educationforallinindia.com. http://www.educationforallinindia.com/page172.html. Retrieved 2010-08-17.
|Kannauj district||Hardoi district|
|Kanpur Dehat district||Unnao district|
|Hamirpur district||Fatehpur district|
|This Kanpur district location article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Kanpur district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|