Karl Emil Dahl (1874-1933) aka Karl Emil Hansen Dahl, emigrated from Norway in 1887 and worked as a carpenter on Staten Island in New York City. (b. August 9, 1874; Kristiansand, Vest-Agder, Norway - d. October 07, 1933, West New Brighton, Staten Island, Richmond County, New York, USA)
He emigrated to the US in 1887 and lived on Staten Island in New York.
He married Bertha Henriette Marcussen (1889) on March 25, 1912. She had emigrated in 1910 from Norway.
Together they had the following children:
- Karl Edward Dahl (1913-1946) who was working at a department store as a salesman in 1930.
- Edward Dahl (1914-?).
- Henry Antone Dahl I (1915-1966) who was a ship carpenter and dock builder who married Edith Christiansen (1918-1986).
- Beatrice Dahl (1919-?) who married Walter J. Smith.
In 1930 the family was living at 49 Mann Avenue in West New Brighton on Staten Island in New York. Karl senior was working as a carpenter.
He died in 1933 and died as "Carl Dahl". He was listed in the New York City Death Index as death number "1776" in Richmond County.
He was buried in Silver Mount Cemetery, Staten Island, New York.
Bertha married Harvey Henry Olsen (1875-?) after they met on a trip she took to Norway.
Researched and written by Richard Arthur Norton (1958- ) for Findagrave starting on December 9, 2004.
Richard Arthur Norton (1958- ) added the marriage year based on the 1930 census; and removed "Erasmus" as his middle name on November 10, 2009. Updated on March 7, 2011 with "Bertha Henrietta Marcussen" from the New York City marriage index.
- Karl Emil Dahl at Geni
- Karl Emil Dahl at Familysearch (requires free registration to access)
- Karl Emil Dahl at Findagrave