BiographyKarl II. von der Pfalz, Pfalzgraf von der Pfalz, Kurfürst von der Pfalz, was born 31 March 1651 in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany to Karl I. Ludwig von der Pfalz (1617-1680) and Charlotte von Hessen-Kassel (1627-1686) and died 26 May 1685 in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany of unspecified causes. He married Vilhelmine Ernestine of Denmark (1650-1706) 20 September 1671 in Sophie Amalienborg, Copenhagen, Denmark. Notable ancestors include Charlemagne (747-814), William I of England (1027-1087), Hugh Capet (c940-996), Henry II of England (1133-1189), Alfred the Great (849-899), Willem van Oranje (1533-1584), Robert I of Scotland (1274-1329). Ancestors are from Germany, the United Kingdom, Denmark, England, France, Belgium, Spain, Poland, Austria, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Lithuania, Italy, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine, Bohemia, the Czech Republic, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Israel, Ireland, Scotland, Turkey, the Byzantine Empire, Sweden, the United States.
He was the last of the Simmern branch of Electors of the Palatinate. On his death, the Electorate passed to the Catholic Neuburg branch of the family.
Common ancestors of Karl II. von der Pfalz (1651-1685) and Vilhelmine Ernestine of Denmark (1650-1706)
- Christian III of Denmark (1503-1559)
- Christine von Sachsen (1505-1549)
- Dorothea von Sachsen-Lauenburg (1511-1571)
- Elizabeth of Denmark (1524-1586)
- Frederik II of Denmark (1534-1588)
- Philipp I. von Hessen (1504-1567)
- Sophie von Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1557-1631)
- Ulrich III. von Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1528-1603)