- Sex : Male
- Born: January 31, 1762 on the island of Ulva off the coast of the Isle of Mull in the Inner Hebrides, Scotland
- Died: July 1, 1824 at London at age 62
- Interment: Isle of Mull
- Donald Macquarie (1750-1800)
- Charles Macquarie (1771-1835)
- Hector Macquarie (?-1778)
- Elizabeth Macquarie (?-?)
2 other sons died in infancy.
Lachlan Macquarie was the Governor of New South Wales from 1810 to 1821, and is regarded by many as the real founder of Australia as a country, rather than as a prison camp.
|Governor of New South Wales|
| Succeeded by|