Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Latehar district (Hindi: लातेहार जिला) is one of the twenty-four districts of Jharkhand state in eastern India, and Latehar town is the administrative headquarters of this district. This district is part of Palamu division.
Latehar district is situated between 84deg. 31 min. East latitude 23 deg. 44.4 min north latitude. The area of the district is 3660 km², with a population of 558,831 (2001 census).
The territory covered by the present district became a part of Palamu district, when it formed on 1 January 1928. Latehar district was created on 4 April 2001 by separating the erstwhile Latehar subdivision of Palamu district. It is currently a part of the Red Corridor.
In 2006 the Indian government named Ranchi one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 21 districts in Jharkhand currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
There are 7 Development Blocks, namely Latehar, Chandwa, Balumath, Manika, Barwadih, Garu and Mahuad.
According to the 2011 census Latehar district has a population of 725,673 , roughly equal to the nation of Bhutan or the US state of Alaska. This gives it a ranking of 499th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 200 inhabitants per square kilometre (520 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 29.38 %. Latehar has a sex ratio of 964 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 61.23 %.
- ^ "83 districts under the Security Related Expenditure Scheme". IntelliBriefs. 2009-12-11. http://intellibriefs.blogspot.com/2009/12/naxal-menace-83-districts-under.html. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- ^ "Showing all Waterfalls in India". World Waterfalls Database. http://www.world-waterfalls.com/database.php?s=T&t=G&category=country&search=India&orderby=height%20DESC. Retrieved 2010-06-20.
- ^ a b Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. http://www.nird.org.in/brgf/doc/brgf_BackgroundNote.pdf. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Bhutan 708,427"
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Alaska 710,231"
|Garhwa district||Palamu district|
|Surguja district, Chhattisgarh||Chatra district|
|Gumla district||Lohardaga district||Ranchi district|
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Latehar district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|