|Leonard Arthur Jensen|
|Birth:|| November 22, 1887|
|Death:|| December 19, 1979|
|Father:||Andrew Havig Jensen (1861-1930)|
|Mother:||Lena Elaine Olson (1860-1938)|
|Spouse/Partner:||Gertrude Louise Brock (1892-1944)|
|Children:|| Lucille Mae Jensen (1914-1972)|
Leonard George Jensen (1917-2001)
Warren Bruce Jensen (1923- )
Leonard Arthur Jensen (1890-1979) aka Linky Jensen; Railroad Car Builder and Air Brake Tester, possibly for the Pullman Company (b. October 22, 1890, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA - d. December 19, 1979, Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, USA)
- Mary Marie Jensen (1883-1969) aka Marie Jensen, who married Albert Rath (1881-1950) and later married Nels Hemwall (1875-1965)
- Thea Jensen (1885-1910) who married Max Caro (1882-c1920)
- Leif Jensen (1886-1955) who married Agnes Hansen (1890-1965)
- Josetta Dorothy Jensen (1889-1940) aka Dolly Jensen, who married William J. Gogerty (1893-1939)
- Margerite Jensen (1891-1986) aka Daisy Jensen, who married Francis Joseph Woods (1891-1972) aka Frank Woods
- Sally Jensen (1893-1965) aka Goldie Jensen, who married William Holm (1891-1983)
- Eleanor Margaret Jensen (1897-1987) who married Mahlon Edward Shanahan (1900-1993)
- Alvin Jensen (1900-1986) who married Helen Mae Baldwin (1907-1998)
Leonard married Gertrude Louise Brock (1892-1944) around 1913.
- Lucille Mae Jensen (1914-1972) who married Esbert Wesley Johnson (1912-1998)
- Leonard George Jensen (1917-2001) who married Dorothy Henn (1918- )
- Warren Bruce Jensen (1923- ) who married Lee Clara Lenzay (1922-1981)
In 1920 the family appears in the US Census living at 238 North Manard Avenue in Chicago and in 1930 they were at the same address with the addition of Ira Caro (1905-1975), a nephew, in their home.
In 1930 Leonard was working as an air brake tester at the railroad.
Memories oabout Leonard JensenEdit
- Kenneth Richard Pletcher (1951- ) says: "He constructed toy boats made of palm leaves as a hobby. He was a sweet guy, he was my mother's favorite."
He died on December 19, 1979 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, and was buried in Mount Olive Cemetery.
Researched and written by Richard Arthur Norton (1958- ) for Findagrave starting on April 11, 2004.
Updated on January 4, 2011 by Richard Arthur Norton (1958- ) with his correct middle name and his correct birthday from the WWI and WWII draft registration. October 1890 is confirmed by the 1900 United States Census for Chicago, Illinois.