This is a list of genealogy databases and online resources that are not specifically restricted to a particular place, family set, or time period in their content.
- Cyndi's List - thousands of resource links, categorized and cross-referenced
- Deutscher Genealogieserver of the Verein für Computergenealogie - major portal for German genealogy and genealogical societies
- Family Genealogy and History Internet Education Directory - Wiki - Professional, worldwide humanities and social sciences mega portal, connected directly to numerously related sub-sets having billions of primary and secondary database resources; information that provides family history and genealogy records. Free Coverage of the Genealogy World in a Nutshell.™
- Familypedia - free cooperative family history wiki using Semantic MediaWiki
- FamilySearch - images and indexes developed by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Find a Grave - an online database of cemetery records (over 152 million burial records and 75 million photos).
- Findmypast - UK-based partly free resource
- GEDCOMP - GEDCOM COMParison mostly related to Denmark
- GeneaBloggers - a resource list of thousands of blogs related to genealogy and family history; many blogs include actual research records and resources
- GeneaNet - an international genealogy database
- GENUKI - information covering the British Isles
- Gliesians - a database repository of private GEDCOM files to support data analysis
- HeritageQuest-a database and genealogical search engine with census records from 1790. 
- In Florida Memory-a primary document database run by the State Library and Archive of Florida. 
- Mocavo.com - genealogy search engine and databases
- MyHeritage - aggregated search system and genealogy databases
- Rodovid - global genealogy in many languages, genealogy wiki
- RootsWeb, free genealogy resources, including WorldConnect, a database with over 480,000,000 surnames
- Rötter ("Roots") - major portal for Swedish genealogy and genealogical societies in the Swedish Federation of Genealogical Societies (Sveriges Släktforskarförbund)
- Serbian Genealogical Society - online database with surnames, locations and background information
- South African Genealogy Database, GenDatabase.com is an online database with 50 million records.
- Werelate.org - genealogy wiki and sourced collaborative, referenced place index, sponsored by the Allen County Public Library and the Foundation for On-Line Genealogy
- WikiTree - free genealogy community dedicated to building a worldwide family tree accessible to everyone
Comparison of notable databases for uploading family treesEdit
Some of these also have social networking features.
|Web site||Alexa traffic rank||Free features||Features for subscribers|
|Genes Reunited|| 64853
- Family History Research Wiki handbook reference information and educational articles showing how to find ancestors
- ^ "Ahnenforschung, Familienforschung, Genealogie - Der deutsche Genealogieserver - Verein für Computergenealogie - Verein für Computergenealogie e.V.". genealogy.net. http://www.genealogy.net.
- ^ "GEDCOMP - GEDcom COMParison". lklundin.dk. http://www.lklundin.dk/gedcomp/english.php.
- ^ Wayner, Peter (2004-04-22). "From Shared Resources, Your Personal History". The New York Times. https://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9807E3D8163AF931A15757C0A9629C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=print. Retrieved 2009-01-14.
- ^ http://blog.dearmyrtle.com/2013/03/what-is-geneablogger.html What is a "GeneaBlogger" ?
- ^ http://www.heritagequestonline.com
- ^ https://www.floridamemory.com
- ^ "Rötter - Sveriges Släktforskarförbund". genealogi.se. http://www.genealogi.se/.
- ^ 
- ^ Traffic rank according to alexa.com April 2015. Low number indicate high popularity.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at List of genealogy databases. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|