Repositories and sources are those buildings and ("hard-copy" or electronic) documents that contain information of value to family historians.
Contributors who find a source that could be of interest are welcome to add it to this page until it can be the subject of its own article included in the Category:Repositories and Sources and in other suitable categories such as location and type.
- "ancestorsonboard" indexes 30 million passenger trips from British Isles, 1890-1960; "You will be automatically redirected to findmypast.com, where your search results will be displayed"; free search results giving name, year, and ports of origin and destination; pay for more detail
- FreeBMD - FreeBMD, a charity registered in England and Wales
- FreeCEN - FreeCEN, UK Census Online
- FreeREG - FreeREG, U.K. Parish Register Information
- MSU-Bozeman "Selected Genealogy Resources"
Policies about citing sourcesEdit
It may be desirable to devise guidelines and standards so as to avoid ambiguity and save time. Until they are developed, see :