Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Livingston County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Kentucky's location in the U.S.
|Named for||Robert Livingston (1746–1813), one of the Committee of Five that drafted the Declaration of Independence|
342.20 sq mi (886 km²)
316.08 sq mi (819 km²)
26.12 sq mi (68 km²), 7.63%
31/sq mi (12/km²)
|Time zone||Central: UTC-6/-5|
Livingston County is a county located in the U.S. state of Kentucky. As of 2000, the population was 9,804. Its county seat is Smithland. The county is named for Robert R. Livingston. It is a prohibition or dry county.
According to the 2000 census, the county has a total area of 342.20 square miles (886.3 km2), of which 316.08 square miles (818.6 km2) (or 92.37%) is land and 26.12 square miles (67.7 km2) (or 7.63%) is water.
- Hardin County, Illinois (north, across the Ohio River)
- Crittenden County (northeast)
- Lyon County (southeast)
- Marshall County (south)
- McCracken County (southwest)
- Massac County, Illinois (west, across the Ohio River)
- Pope County, Illinois (northwest, across the Ohio River)
As of the census of 2000, there were 9,804 people, 3,996 households, and 2,893 families residing in the county. The population density was 31 per square mile (12 /km2). There were 4,772 housing units at an average density of 15 per square mile (5.8 /km2). The racial makeup of the county was 98.49% White, 0.14% Black or African American, 0.42% Native American, 0.03% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.28% from other races, and 0.63% from two or more races. 0.75% of the population were Hispanics or Latinos of any race.
There were 3,996 households out of which 29.50% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 60.40% were married couples living together, 7.90% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.60% were non-families. 24.40% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.00% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.42 and the average family size was 2.86.
The age distribution was 22.30% under the age of 18, 7.50% from 18 to 24, 28.20% from 25 to 44, 27.00% from 45 to 64, and 14.90% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 97.80 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.70 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $31,776, and the median income for a family was $39,486. Males had a median income of $33,633 versus $19,617 for females. The per capita income for the county was $17,072. About 7.60% of families and 10.30% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.70% of those under age 18 and 15.80% of those age 65 or over.
- James Ford (pirate) (c. 1770-1833), was a civic leader and businessman who was later discovered to be the secret leader of a gang of Ohio River pirates and highwaymen in the early 19th century.
Census-designated place Edit
- ^ "Find a County". National Association of Counties. http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^ "Census 2000 U.S. Gazetteer Files: Counties". United States Census. http://www.census.gov/tiger/tms/gazetteer/county2k.txt. Retrieved 2011-02-13.
- ^ "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- ^ "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Census.gov. http://www.census.gov/popest/data/counties/totals/2012/CO-EST2012-alldata.html. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Livingston County, Kentucky. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|