Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lucy Warren - Early New England Settler:
Vital Statistics: Edit
Warenne Family Ancestry
1762-Feb-07 : Birth at Westborough, Middlesex Co, Massachusetts Colony - Under the name Warrin
1779-Aug-06 : Published Marriage Banns for Lucy Warren and Nahum Fay
1779-Dec-07 : Marriage to Nahum Fay of Northborough, MA (village closeby to Westborough
1850-Oct-23 : Death at Northborough under the name of Lucy Fay.
Lucy was born on 7 February 1762 at Westborough, MA, under the name Warrin. She was the daughter of Moses Warren and Persis Rice.
Marriage banns for Lucy Warren and Nahum Fay were published on 6 August 1779 at Northborough, MA. Lucy Warren married Nahum , son of Paul Fay and Rebecca Rice, on 7 December 1779; Nahum of Northborough and Lucy of Westborough, Mass. At the time of their wedding a great snow rendered the roads impassable, and embargoed all ordinary vehicles of conveyance. Their wedding guests drew Lucy across lots on a hand sled - nearly three miles to her new home; in the mean time, the weary Nahum followed on rackets after the sled, with one eye on the team, and the other, and his hand, upon the precious freight to save it from a plunge, for if the sled should upset or what was more likely, be overturned - for there were mischievous rouges, even in those days.
Lucy Warren died on 23 October 1850 at Northborough, MA; aged 88y 8m 16d, under the name Fay.
Children of Lucy Warren and Nahum Fay Edit
See this webpage for info about descendants:
- Deacon Dexter Fay (1780-1851) - Son m. Zilpah Maynard
- Flavel Fay (1781-1850) - Son m. Charlotte Puffer
- Silas Fay (1782-1783) - Son d. young (age 6 weeks/5 days)- Lived 25 Nov 1782 to 11 Jan 1783 in Northborough, MA.
- Rev Warren Fay (1784-1864) - Son m. Betsey Maynard (1786-1836) (Sister in law to older brother). Reverend with many sermons listed on Google. Six Children.
- Lucy Fay (1791-1824) - Daughter
- Maria Fay (1802-?) - Daughter
Were both mother-in-laws sisters or cousins?
Yes - Lucy's Mother - Persis Rice (1728-1814) and her husband's mother, Rebecca Rice (1722-1807) were distant 4th cousins - their common ancestor is Deacon Edmund Rice (1594-1663), immigrant and patriarch of the Rice Family in America.
- Andrew Henshaw Ward, Genealogical History of THE RICE FAMILY: (1858), pp. 101, 140, 175, 253..
- Westborough MA, Vital Records of Westborough, Massachusetts, to the end of the year 1849
- Northborough MA, Vital Records of Northborough, Massachusetts, to the year 1850
- 1850 US Census shows Lucy Fay, age 88, living in Worcester County with a Palin(?) Fay (age 62) and his wife Charlotte on a farm.