Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
MA is an abbreviation and Ma may be an abbreviation, a word, or a Chinese or Taiwanese name. It may refer to:
- Ma Ying-jeou, president of the Republic of China (ROC), commonly known as Taiwan.
- Ma Jun, a Chinese environmentalist, non-fiction writer and journalist.
- Ma Jun, a Chinese mechanical engineer and government official during the Three Kingdoms era of China.
- Ma (surname), a common Chinese family name
- Master of Arts (postgraduate) (MA), academic degree
- Master of Arts (Oxbridge and Dublin) (MA), academic degree of the universities of Oxford, Cambridge, and Dublin
- Master of Arts (Scotland) (MA), academic degree in Scotland
- Marin Academy (MA), high school in San Rafael, California
- Minnehaha Academy (MA), private high school in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Museums Association (MA), UK
In science and technologyEdit
- mya (unit), sometimes written as Ma, means "millions of years ago" or megaannum.
- .ma, the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Morocco
- Mach number (Ma), a measure of speed compared to the speed of sound
- Megaannum (Ma), one million (1,000,000) years
- Mechanical advantage (MA), mechanical multiplier of input force
- Mechanical alloying (MA), a technique to produce alloys.
- Medical assistant (MA), a type of health care worker
- Methyl anthranilate (MA), a bird repellent
- Milliampere (mA), a unit of electrical current
- Moving average model (MA(q)), statistics
- MA (complexity), a set of decision problems that can be decided by an Arthur–Merlin protocol
- Martin's axiom, an axiom in mathematical logic
- a type of interface (Ma) in an IP Multimedia Subsystem
- Ma River, river in Asia, running through Vietnam and Laos
- Madagascar (MA), FIPS 10-4 country code
- Maranhão (BR-MA), part of the ISO 3166-2:BR geocode for the Brazilian state
- Massachusetts (MA), United States postal abbreviations for the state
- Meshwesh (Ma), an ancient Libyan (i.e., Berber) tribe from Cyrenaica
- Metropolitan area (MA), a qualifying term, e.g. "Tokyo MA"
- Morocco (MA), ISO 3166 country code
- Ma is the mythohistoric entrepreneur for whom, tradition holds, Marang, Terengganu was denoted
In myth and cultureEdit
- Ma people, a Vietnamese ethnic group
- Ma (Lion King), a main character in the animated film Lion King 1½
- Ma (myth), in Sumerian mythology that from which the "primeval land" was formed
In other usesEdit
- "MA15+", an Australian film and video game classification meaning "Not suitable for under 15s"
- Mature audience is a U.S. television rating system category abbreviated as TV-MA
- Memory Alpha (MA), a Star Trek-oriented wiki
- Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives (MA), a website devoted to heavy metal bands
- Maria (Mª or Ma.), according to Spanish naming customs
- Massive Attack, a British trip hop band
- Ma (negative space), a word of Japanese origin used in art and design
- Methamphetamine, a psychostimulant
- Mother, "Ma" used as a synonym
- Marijuana Anonymous (MA), a group recovery program aimed at marijuana addiction
- Martial arts (MA), only used in combining forms such as MMA or MCMAP
- Malév Hungarian Airlines (MA), IATA airline designator
- MasterCard, NYSE stock symbol
- Marvellous attack, a term used in StepMania game, it means to get only Marvellous (the highest) rankings for each step.
- Motorcycling Australia
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at MA. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|