Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Muhammad Cassim Hajiar Muhammad Rasheed (1899-1968), was the son of:
- Cassim Hajiar, who belonged to the "Shothian" Family amongst the Moors of Sri Lanka, and
- Ryhanath Umma Marikar Haji.
His father's father was one of the committee who rebuilt the Maradana Mosque in 1840-41: "22. Shamsi Lebbe Marika Ahamed Lebbe Marikar (grandfather of MCHM Rasheed, AHM Junaid, SLM Ahamed, SLM Zohar, SLMA Rahman)".
- 4. (Shothi) Ahmed Lebbe Marikar Shamsi Lebbe Marikar (?-1891)
- 5. Ummu Kulthum Muhammad Raya
- 6. Marikar-Haji
- 7. Ammachi Umma
- 96. Ismail Lebbe
He was an indenting agent for imports of goods from Europe and Japan in the post WWII era, and owned and managed a company called Kingston Agencies.
His sons, Zubair and Faiz, also lived and worked in Colombo. Zubair spent his career with EB Creasy & Company Limited in the Fort, while Faiz worked for the Port Cargo Corporation. Faiz passed away after a brief illness in 2005.
Daughters Ryhan (mentioned above) and Ummu Naseeha.
- Sri Lanka Watch - The History of the Maradana Mosque
- Family tree
- Death notice for Raiz, 8 October 2004 - Kuppiyawatte Burial Ground