Muhammad Cassim Hajiar Muhammad Rasheed (1899-1968), was the son of:
- Cassim Hajiar, who belonged to the "Shothian" Family amongst the Moors of Sri Lanka, and
- Ryhanath Umma Marikar Haji.
His father's father was one of the committee who rebuilt the Maradana Mosque in 1840-41: "22. Shamsi Lebbe Marika Ahamed Lebbe Marikar (grandfather of MCHM Rasheed, AHM Junaid, SLM Ahamed, SLM Zohar, SLMA Rahman)".
- 4. (Shothi) Ahmed Lebbe Marikar Shamsi Lebbe Marikar (?-1891)
- 5. Ummu Kulthum Muhammad Raya
- 6. Marikar-Haji
- 7. Ammachi Umma
- 96. Ismail Lebbe
He was an indenting agent for imports of goods from Europe and Japan in the post WWII era, and owned and managed a company called Kingston Agencies.
His sons, Zubair and Faiz, also lived and worked in Colombo. Zubair spent his career with EB Creasy & Company Limited in the Fort, while Faiz worked for the Port Cargo Corporation. Faiz passed away after a brief illness in 2005.
Daughters Ryhan (mentioned above) and Ummu Naseeha.
- Sri Lanka Watch - The History of the Maradana Mosque
- Family tree
- Death notice for Raiz, 8 October 2004 - Kuppiyawatte Burial Ground