An emigrant from France, Mareen Duvall was born in Nantes in the Bretagne region. Fleeing religious persecution, in about 1655, Mareen Duvall journeyed to the colony of Maryland and settled in Anne Arundel county on the South River's south side. A member of the Jacobite party, Duvall was both a merchant and a farmer holding extensive properties in Maryland, including his estate he called "Middle Plantation".
- Barack Obama (1961), Forty-fourth President of the U.S.
- Harry S. Truman (1884-1972) Thirty-third President of the U.S.
- Robert Duvall (1931) Academy award winning actor.
- Dick Cheney (1941) Vice President (2001-2009). Key architect and proponent of the Iraq War.
- Bessie Wallis Warfield (1896-1986), wife of abdicated British King Edward VIII of the United Kingdom (1894-1972)
- Gabriel Duvall, Associate Justice, US Supreme Court (1811-1835)
|Offspring of Mareen Duvall and Susannah Brashears (1655-1692)|
|John Duvall (1660)|| |
|Lewis Duvall (1663)|| |
|Eleanor Duvall (1664)|| |
|Mareen Duvall (the Elder)|| |
|Samuel Duvall (1667)||1667 (Anne Arundel County, Maryland)||1741 (Prince George's County, Maryland)|| Elizabeth Ijams (1670)|
|Susannah Duvall (1676)|| |
|Mareen Duvall (1680)||27 October 1680 (All Hallows Parish+ Prince George's County, Maryland)||9 June 1741 (Pleasant Grove+ Anne Arundel, Maryland)|| Elizabeth Jacob (1683)|
|Catherine Duvall (1682)|| |
|Mary Duvall (1683)|| |
|Johanna Duvall (1685)|| |
|Benjamin Duvall (1692)|