Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Margaret Agnes Conboy|
|Birth:|| October 1866|
|Death:|| November 07, 1951|
Jersey City, New Jersey
|Burial:|| Holy Name Cemetery|
Jersey City, New Jersey
|Father:||James Conboy I (1837-1902)|
|Mother:||Bridget White (c1840-1866?)|
|Siblings:|| James Conboy II (c1862-?)|
Patrick Conboy (1864-1927)
Thomas Conboy (c1865-?)
|Spouse/Partner:||Owen McLaughlin (1863-1931)|
|Children:|| James Alyosius McLaughlin (1892-1964)|
Katherine Agnes McLaughlin (1893-1989)
Margaret Mary McLaughlin (1897-1985)
Margaret Agnes Conboy (1866-1951) aka Maggie Conboy; Immigrant from Ireland to USA around 1880 to 1882, Indentured Servant at Rooming House in Brooklyn (b. October 1866, Hollygrove, Athleague, Killeroran, County Roscommon/Galway, Ireland - d. Tuesday, November 07, 1951, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, 07307, USA)
Her mother, Bridget, was said to have died in childbirth and James, her father, took the children to New York in the United States around 1880-1882.
- James Conboy II (c1862-?)
- Patrick Conboy (1864-1927) who emigrated to the US and lived in Arizona but is buried in Jersey City, New Jersey
- Thomas Conboy (c1865-?). All her siblings are mentioned in her autograph book, and so is a cousin named Katherine Doulin who may be a Hogan or a Conboy that married a Doulin. Several Hogans from Hollygrove came to the US and they are her cousins.
Margaret worked at a rooming house with her two cousins: Sarah Jane Carr (1863-1950) aka Sadie Carr, who married Patrick J. Norton (1856-1905); and Katherine Carr (1865-1952) aka Kitty Carr, who married James Joseph Kennedy (1866-1926).
Around 1890 Margaret married Owen McLaughlin (1863-1931). Owen ran a coal and ice delivery business in Jersey City. The oral family tradition has been that they were married at Old Saint Patrick's Cathedral in Manhattan, although no certificate has been located yet. There was also a Saint Patrick's Church in Hudson County, New Jersey.
- James Alyosius McLaughlin (1892-1964) who never married
- Katherine Agnes McLaughlin (1893-1989) who married William Thomas Rankin I (1890-1970)
- Margaret Mary McLaughlin (1897-1985) aka Marge McLaughlin, who married Christopher Aloysius Enright I (1888-1980)
Jersey City, New JerseyEdit
In 1900 Margaret was living at 152 McAdoo Avenue in Jersey City.
She died in 1951, living at 28 McAdoo Avenue.
She was buried in Holy Name Cemetery with: Owen McLaughlin, who was her husband; James Conboy II, who was her son; James Conboy I, who was her father; and Patrick Conboy who was her brother.
Her obituary from the Jersey Journal reads as follows:
McLaughlin - of 28 McAdoo Avenue on Tuesday, November 5, 1951, Margaret A. McLaughlin (nee Conboy) beloved wife of the late Owen E. McLaughlin. Devoted mother of James A. McLaughlin, Mrs. Catherine A. Rankin and Mrs. Margaret M. Enright.