Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Martha Mowle (1812 - 1901)
Martha Mowle was born in 1812 in Eye, Suffolk. She was christened, in her hometown, on 6 June 1813. She was the eldest child to David Mowle (1788-1874) and Mary (c1786-1854). David's parents were Solomon Mowle (1754-1834) and Elizabeth Jenery (1758-1849). Her seven younger siblings were, in order:
- John Mowle (christened 1815)
- David Mowle (christened 1817)
- Solomon Mowle (1819-1893)
- Susan Mowle (christened 1822)
- Mary Mowle (christened 1824) died c.1854
- Henry Mowle (christened 1826)
- Elizabeth Mowle (christened 1829) died 1849
Martha married, on 3 January 1837 in Suffolk, to John Bruce, the son of James Bruce and Sarah Ling. The family later moved to Clapham, Surrey.