Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mrs. Callaway, known in the family as “Grandma Patsy” or “Aunt Patsy,” was a devoted helpmate to her husband and is noted as a women of “definite opinions” in a home that was often full of family and guests. Enoch and Martha Reeves Callaway were the parents of fourteen children all born in Wilkes Co. She is buried in the Callaway Family Cemetery, Wilkes County, Georgia.
Rev. and Mrs. Callaway were the parents of fourteen children all born near Rayle, Wilkes County, Georgia.
1. Elizabeth Callaway (1812-1902) married in Wilkes County, Georgia on November 5, 1829 William Owen Cheney (1809-1871), son of John Cheney (1765-1837) and Catherine Evans Owen (1781-1854) of Greene County, Georgia.
4. Lydia Callaway (1818-1892) married Christopher Binns (1818-1881), son of Christopher Binns, Jr. (c1768-?) and Sarah C. (b. 1778) and brother of George S. Binns (1798-?) and Johnson W. Binns (c1810-?).
5. William Reeves Callaway (1820-1895) married three times: first in Greene County, Georgia on January 17, 1838 Rhoda Anne Cheney (1821-1848), daughter of John Cheney (1765-1837) and Catherine Evans Owen (1781-1854); secondly Jane O. Smith (c1816-?); and thirdly in Wilkes County, Georgia on November 5, 1863 Nancy E. Maxwell (1830-1912), daughter of Wylie Maxwell (?-1835) and Elizabeth Ragan Callaway (1807-?), daughter of Joseph Callaway (1762-1833) and Nancy Ragan (1768-1813).
6. Dr. Reuben Strozier Callaway (1822-1853) married in Greene County, Georgia on January 22, 1846 Sarah Ann L. Callaway (1829-1909), daughter of Seaborn Callaway (1797-1877) and Delphia Poteet (1803-1891).
11. Rev. Abner Reeves Callaway (1832-1893) first married in Oglethorpe County, Georgia on October 15, 1852 Sarah Jane Howard (1835-1878), daughter of Robert Groves Howard (1798-1855) and Mary Brooks Glenn (1810-1840). Rev. Callaway secondly married in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia on June 24, 1879 Mary Welbourne Ely (1842-1915), daughter of Wilborn Ely (1806-1842) and Mary Newsom (1810-?).
14. Rev. Dr. Brantly Mercer Callaway (1838-1902) married near Greenville, Meriwether County, Georgia on January 11, 1859 Lucy Brooks Howard (1837-1915), daughter of Robert Groves Howard (1798-1855) and Mary Brooks Glenn (1810-1840).
|Martha Reeves||Abner Reeves (c1761-1809)||Malachi Reeves (1711-1782)||William Reeves (c1677-1751)|
|Martha Wiley (c1678-?)|
|Sarah Wright (c1773-1858)||William Wright (c1741-1813)||Richard Wright (?-1773)|
- Martha Reeves Callaway at FindAGrave