Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mary Ann Finn (1858-1885) was an migrated from Wales to the United States in 1873. She never married and worked as a housekeeper for James B. Hance. (b. June 1859; Cardiff, Wales- d. August 31, 1885, 276 1st Street, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, 07307, USA)
Both parents were from Millstreet, County Cork, Ireland. Daniel and Catherine moved to Cardiff in Wales and their children were born there.
She was born in 1858 according to the England and Wales Birth Index.
- Nora M. Finn (1866-1898) who was born in Wales and married John Joseph Burke I (1868-1939) in the US
- Catherine Elizabeth Finn (1864-1918) aka Kate Finn, who was born in Wales and worked as a housekeeper and later a secretary at a pencil company and she never married.
In 1873 Daniel Finn and Mary Creedon moved the family to the United States.
Mary died from pneumonia on August 31, 1885 and was buried on September 2, 1885 in Holy Name Cemetery, Jersey City, New Jersey in a plot bought for her death. Later her parents and siblings would be buried in the same plot. Mary Finn died without a will and the Surrogate Court awarded the estate to her mother on November 14, 1885.
She is buried with:
- Daniel Finn (1818-1887) husband of Catherine Creedon
- Nora M. Finn (1866-1898) child of Daniel Finn and Catherine Creedon
- Nora Creedon (1829-1904) child of Daniel Finn and Catherine Creedon
- Catherine Creedon (1834-1914) wife of Daniel Finn
- Catherine Elizabeth Finn (1864-1918) child of Daniel Finn and Catherine Creedon
- John Burke Norton (1927) child of Thomas Patrick Norton and Mary Margaret Burke
- Catherine Finn Norton (1930-1934) child of Thomas Patrick Norton and Mary Margaret Burke
- Mary Margaret Burke (1890-1949) child of John Joseph Burke and Nora Finn
- Thomas Patrick Norton I (1891-1968) husband of Mary Margaret Burke
Researched and written by Richard Arthur Norton (1958- ) for Findagrave starting on March 14, 2004. Updated on Valentine's Day, February 14, 2013 with the 1871 census of Wales which gives her middle name as "Ann".