Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Buried: in Nichol?
- Pedigree: Unknown
- Siblings: Unknown
Mary was born in Wales in 1810, the specific location is not known. Sometime before 1835, she emigrated to Ontario (then called West Canada), where she met and married Archibald Farquharson Sherrat, a Scottish immigrant and pioneer in Nichol Township, Wellington County. They had seven surviving children, and lived all their long lives in Nichol and nearby Fergus. She became a widow in 1885 at age 75. She died in 1901 at nearly 91 years of age, having survived her husband by 16 years.
|Offspring of Mary Ann Morgan and Archibald Farquharson Sherrat (1802-1885)|
|Christian Farquharson Sherratt (1835-1922)|| |
|John Sherratt (1836)|| |
|Archibald Farquharson Sherratt (1838-1915)|| |
|Robert Sherratt (1841)|| |
|Jane Sherratt (1842)|| |
|Farquharson Sherratt (1844-1930)|| |
|Mary Sherratt (1847)|| |
|Isabella Sherratt (1850)|
- Christian (Christina) Farquharson (b. 1835, Nichol; married John Cunningham 1855, Nichol; d. 1922, Nichol)
- John (b. 1836, Nichol; married Barbara Flewelling 1863)
- Archibald Farquharson (b. 1838, Nichol; married Susan Penny; d. 1915, Prince Rupert, BC)
- Robert Sherratt (b. 1841; died in infancy, Fergus, Wellington, Ontario)
- Jane (Jean) (b. 1842)
- Farquharson (Farky) (b. 1844; m. Susan Cook; d. 1930, Nichol)
- Mary (b. 1847)
- Isabella (b. 1850)
- Census of Canada, Canada, Board of Registration and Statistics. On microfilm at LDS FHS 349243 (1851 Ontario Wellington), 349331-2 (1861 Ontario Wellington), 2230908-9 (1871 Ontario Wellington Centre), 1375895 (1881 Ontario Wellington Centre).
- 1851 Ontario, Wellington, Nichol ED17:
- Archibald Sherrat, farmer, Scot (origin), 47 (age), Old Presbyterian
- Mary, Wails (sic - origin), 40
- Christian (16), John (14), Archibald (12), Jane (9), Farquharson (7), Mary (4), Isabella (1)
- Children all born in Canada. Lived in single-family, single-story log house.
- General notes: 49 folios of ~50 names/folio listed in Nichol. Three churches:
- United Presbyterian, ~100
- Free Presbyterian, ~500, Pastor Geo Smiley
- Old Presbyterian, ~300, Rev Hugh Muir
- 1861 Ontario, Wellington, Nichol ED1 p12:
- A F Sherratt, farmer, Scot, C of S, 57
- Mary, Wales, 50
- John (24), Jean (18), Farquharson (16), Mary (12), Isabella (9)
- Children all single, all born in West Canada. Living in two-story stone house.
- 1871 Ontario, Wellington Centre, Nichol ED34 p34:
- Archibald Sherratt, 67, Scotland (origin), C of S, Scottish
- Mary, 61, Wales, C of S, Welsh
- Isabella, 19, Ontario
- Listed on same page immediately following their son Farquharson Sherratt and his family.
- 1881 Ontario, Wellington Centre, Fergus Dist 152B p.32 house 144:
- Archibald Sherret, 78, Scot
- Mary, 60, Eng
- Nichol History
- Beattie, David, Pillars and Pathways - A History of Nichol Township (Describes Archibald's civic service, and enumerates his children.)