Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Portal | Category|
|Offspring of Mary Dean and Thomas Sewell (1865)|
|Georgia Sewell (1891)|| |
|John Sewell (1893)|| |
|Arthur Sewell (1895)|| |
|Louis Sewell (1897)|| |
|Lawrence Sewell (1898)|| |
|Vera Sewell (c1903)|| |
|Cecil Sewell (c1906)|| |
|Aaron Sewell (c1908)|| |
|Essie Sewell (1912)||1912 Fouke, Miller County, Arkansas||Long Beach, California|| Walter Hester (1893)|
|Name||Birthdate||Birthplace||Death date||Death place|
|Children of Mary Dean (1876) and Thomas Sewell (1865)|
|Georgia Sewell (1891) Georgia L||1891||Buchanan, Georgia|
|John Sewell (1893) John S||1893||Buchanan|
|Arthur Sewell (1895) ||1895||Buchanan||c1912|
|Louis Sewell (1897) Lewis F||1897||Buchanan|
|Lawrence Sewell (1898) Lawrence N||1898||Buchanan|
|Vera Sewell (c1903)||c1903||Fouke, Wood Co, TX |
|Cecil Sewell (c1906) Cecil C||c1906||Fouke|
|Aaron Sewell (c1908)||c1908||Fouke|
|Essie Sewell (1912) ||c1912||Fouke|
- 1900 Census: Lawrence Oct 1898, Louis Mar 1897, James Arthur 1895, John Oct 1893 Georgia Dec 1891. Thomas N June 1865
- census says they rent their farm.
- both parents of both Thomas and Mary were born in Georgia.
- 1910 Census: they own their farm (mortgage)
- gives location as Justice Precinct 5, Wood, Texas
- also spells Louis's name Lewis.
- all children after Vera were born in texas, placing their trip between 1898 and 1903.
- Family document gives Texas farm location as "Redlands, 12 miles from Hawkins, TX". It is said Redland was 5 miles north northwest of Hainesville, and Hainesville is 14 miles Northwest of Hawkins, so Hainesville seems like the correct modern day name.
- 1920 census records surname as Swell-
- only children Lewis, Chester, Aaron and Essie are present.
- Lawrence is living next door, with wife Mary J and Velma W.
- 1930 Census: Mary is living with Aaron E. and wife Stella M., with grandson Junior. No sign of essie mae anywhere. Walter is a boarder in El Paso.
- Unless indicated otherwise, data is from federal censuses and may be verified online by running searches on the given names and dates.