Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mary Spring was born on an unknown date to Robert Spring (c1735-?) and Margaret Marns (c1735-?) .
- Sex: Female
- Christened: Oct 20, 1764, Udny, Aberdeenshire, Scotland 
- Died: possibly Apr 4, 1840, Finzean, Aberdeenshire, Scotland 
- Buried: unknown
- George (b. 1760, Banchory-Ternan; not known after)
- Isobell (b. 1762, Banchory-Ternan; married Robert Sherrat; lived in Birse and Lumphanan)
- Christean (b. 1768, Udny; married Archibald Farquharson of Finzean; d. 1849, Lumphanan)
- Robert (b. 1771, Udny; married Margaret Gordon; d. 1860, Aberdeen)
Unknown. May not have married, as later records of her, including a possible death record, still have her as Mary Spring.
There is little record of Mary Spring after her christening. She was witness to the christening of her niece Christian Sherrat in Birse in 1797, and may have followed her sisters Christian and Isobel to Finzean, where Christian had married into a prominent family. There is a "---- Spring" who died at Finzean, 4 Apr 1840, which could be Mary.
An online search of Church of Scotland records (which are comprehensively extracted in the IGI) shows at least one other Mary Spring in this time and place, daughter of George Spring and Isabel Cock in Keithhall & Kinkell parish, also christened in 1764. There is a later Mary Spring, daughter of William Spring and Agnes Ross, christened in Keithhall & Kinkell in 1789. There are records of Mary Spring in Aberdeenshire into the 1800s, but it has not been determined which ones are which Mary.
For Further InquiryEdit
- [StrachanOPR] has a ---- Spring death at Finzean on 4 Apr 1840 according to an extract. look at microfilm of original record to see if the first name can be made out at all. could it be Mary?
- ^ Udny parish register (online record)
- ^ From [StrachanOPR] as extracted in [StrachanMI]: 1840: 4 Apr: ---- Spring - Finzean
- ^ From [StrachanOPR] as extracted in [StrachanMI]
- Udny OPR
- Church of Scotland, Parish of Udny, Parish registers, 1744-1854. On microfilm at LDS FHS 0993306, 0102550. [Records christening of Mary.]
- Strachan MI
- The Kirkyard of Strachan, compiled by Robert W. Pirie, published by the Aberdeen and North-East Scotland Family History Society (1984: Aberdeen) [contains extract of Strachan OPR deaths]
- Strachan OPR
- Church of Scotland, Parish of Strachan, Parish registers, as extracted in Strachan MI. [contains entry for death 4 Apr 1840, ---- Spring - Finzean]