- Daughter of John Warren (1622-1703) and Michal Jennison (1640-1713).
- 1675-May-25 : Born in Watertown, Massachusetts
- 1692 : Salem Witch Trials
- 1698-Dec-30 : Marriage at Watertown, MA to Josiah Pierce (1675-1747).
- 1709-Apr : Died in Southold, Suffolk Co, Long Island, New York Colony
Salem Witch Trials
At age 20, Mary Warren was the servant of farmer John Proctor in Salem Village, MA in 1692, during the time of the infamous Salem Witch Trials. Mary started experiencing fits and convulsions along with some other girls and accused others as witches and tormenting them.
John Proctor was one of the first prominent citizens in Salem accuse the girls of lying and suggested that they deserved a good thrashing that might whip the truth out of them. Mary stopped having fits, but then the other girls betrayed her friendship and now accused her of being a witch. She was arrested and spent three weeks in jail with repeated visits by the magistrates. After her confession of being overcome by the devil, she found that if she acted as the other girls and magistrations expected of her, she would be released and left unpunished.
These the girls then accused his wife, Elizabeth Proctor of witchcraft. John Proctor was later accused and hanged in 1692 as a witch. His wife was also found guilty by trial, but spared execution because she was pregnant at the time. with a son soon to be named John Proctor III.
Salem Trial Dispute
This Mary being the same that participated in the Salem Witch Trials is much debated. The Witch Trials Mary is believed to by the daughter of Abraham and Isabel Warren of Salem who both died while Mary was young. This created the situation where Mary became the indentured servant to the Proctors. Another story reports that possible Mary died in 1697.
Marriage & Family
- Isaac Pierce (1700-1773) - m. Susanna Bemis in Lexington MA
- Mary Pierce (1702-1760) - m. Thomas Fiske in Watertown MA
- Elizabeth Pierce (1703-) - m. Phineas Gleason
- Sarah Pierce (1705-1747) - m. James Tufts Jr in Medford MA
- Lydia Pierce (1706-1730) - m. Hezekiah Meriam
- Prudence Pierce (1707-1803)
- Eunice Pierce (1708-1795) - m. Isaac Child
- Grace Pierce (1711-1747)
- Lois Pierce (1715-1778) - m. Joseph Muzzey
- Ruhama Pierce (1718-1778) - m. John Child
|Offspring of Josiah Pierce and Mary Warren (1675-1732)|
|Isaac Pierce (1700-1773)||19 September 1700 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||21 August 1773 Waltham, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|| Susanna Bemis (1700-1742)|
|Mary Pierce (1702-1760)|| |
|Elizabeth Pierce (1703-)|| |
|Sarah Pierce (1705-1747)|| |
|Lydia Pierce (1706-1730)|| |
|Prudence Pierce (1707-1803)|| |
|Eunice Pierce (1708-1795)|| |
|Grace Pierce (1711-1747)|| |
|Lois Pierce (1715-1778)|| |
|Ruhama Pierce (1718-1778)|