Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
According to the 2011 census Meerut district has a population of 3,447,405, roughly equal to the nation of Panama or the US state of Connecticut. This gives it a ranking of 94th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,342 inhabitants per square kilometre (3,480 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 15.01 %. Meerut has a sex ratio of 885 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 74.8 %.
- ^ a b c d e "Census of India 2011 - Provisional Population Totals - Uttar Pradesh - Data Sheet". Directorate of Census Operations, Uttar Pradesh. http://www.meerut.nic.in/census/data2011.pdf. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Panama 3,460,462 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Connecticut 3,574,097"
- ^ a b census of India 2001 "Basic Data Sheet - District Meerut, Uttar Pradesh". http://www.censusindia.gov.in/Dist_File/datasheet-0907.pdf census of India 2001.
|Muzaffarnagar district||Bijnor district|
|Ghaziabad district||Jyotiba Phule Nagar district|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Meerut district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|