Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Moody County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
South Dakota's location in the U.S.
|Named for||Gideon C. Moody|
521 sq mi (1,350 km²)
520 sq mi (1,346 km²)
1.4 sq mi (4 km²), 0.27%
5/sq mi (2/km²)
|Time zone||Central: UTC-6/-5|
Moody County is a county located in the U.S. state of South Dakota in the United States. The population was 6,486 at the 2010 census. Its county seat is Flandreau. The county is named for Gideon C. Moody.
- Interstate 29
- South Dakota Highway 11
- South Dakota Highway 13
- South Dakota Highway 32
- South Dakota Highway 34
- Brookings County, South Dakota - north
- Pipestone County, Minnesota - east
- Minnehaha County, South Dakota - south
- Lake County, South Dakota - west
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,595 people, 2,526 households, and 1,763 families residing in the county. The population density was 13 people per square mile (5/km²). There were 2,745 housing units at an average density of 5 per square mile (2/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 84.91% White, 0.29% Black or African American, 12.01% Native American, 0.56% Asian, 0.06% from other races, and 2.17% from two or more races. 0.76% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 2,526 households out of which 35.60% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 56.70% were married couples living together, 8.50% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.20% were non-families. 26.40% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.20% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.58 and the average family size was 3.12.
In the county, the population was spread out with 29.10% under the age of 18, 7.20% from 18 to 24, 26.40% from 25 to 44, 22.30% from 45 to 64, and 14.90% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 99.80 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.00 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $35,467, and the median income for a family was $41,623. Males had a median income of $27,391 versus $20,472 for females. The per capita income for the county was $16,541. About 7.30% of families and 9.60% of the population were below the poverty line, including 11.40% of those under age 18 and 10.90% of those age 65 or over.
Cities and townsEdit
- Colman (Population:594)
- Egan (Population:278)
- Flandreau (Population:2,341)
- Lone Tree
- Trent (Population:232)
- Ward (Population:48)
The county is divided into sixteen townships: Alliance, Blinsmon, Clare, Colman, Egan, Enterprise, Flandreau, Fremont, Grovena, Jefferson, Lone Rock, Lynn, Riverview, Spring Creek, Union, Ward.
- ^ a b "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/46/46101.html. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- ^ "Find a County". National Association of Counties. http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^ Homepage at MoodyCounty.net; published 2011; retrieved January 9, 2014
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. http://factfinder2.census.gov/bkmk/table/1.0/en/PEP/2013/PEPANNRES/0400000US46.05000. Retrieved March 28, 2014.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- ^ "Incorporated Places and Minor Civil Divisions: South Dakota". Population Census. 2010 United States Census. 2011-07-18. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=DEC_10_PL_GCTPL1.ST13&prodType=table. Retrieved 2011-07-26.
|Lake County||Pipestone County, Minnesota|
Moody County, South Dakota
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Moody County, South Dakota. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|