Mozilla Firefox is a graphical web browser developed by the Mozilla Corporation, and a large community of external contributors. Firefox, officially abbreviated as Fx or fx and popularly abbreviated FF, started as a fork of the Navigator browser component of the Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Mozilla Application Suite. Firefox has replaced the Mozilla Suite as the flagship product of the Mozilla project, under the direction of the Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla Firefox is a Wikipedia:cross-platform browser, providing support for various versions of Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. However, the source code has been unofficially ported to other operating systems, including FreeBSD, OS/2, Solaris, RISC OS, SkyOS, BeOS and more recently, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
- ^ "How do I spell Firefox? How do I abbreviate it?". Firefox FAQ. Mozilla.org. http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq#spell-abbreviate. Retrieved 2007-01-08.
- ^ "FF". Abbreviations.com. STANDS4 LLC. 2006-07-19. http://www.abbreviations.com/b1.asp?KEY=394936. Retrieved 2007-02-23.
- ^ "Firefox - Port details". Freshports.org. http://www.freshports.org/www/firefox/. Retrieved 2007-01-24.
- ^ Mozilla Firefox for RISC OS
- ^ "Porting from ABI x86-64 assembler to Win64 x86-64 assembler". Mozilla.com. 2006-12-22. http://www.mozilla-x86-64.com/archives/2006/12/porting_from_ab.html. Retrieved 2007-01-24.