Location of Narsinghpur district in Madhya Pradesh
|State||Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Area||5,125.55 km2 (1,978.99 sq mi)|
|Population density||213/km² (551.7/sq mi)|
|Literacy||76.79 per cent|
|Lok Sabha Constituencies||Hoshangabad|
The district has an area 5,125.55 km². The district is part of the Jabalpur Division. It is bounded on the north by Sagar and Damoh districts, on the east by Jabalpur District, on the southeast by Seoni District, on the south by Chhindwara District, on the west by Hoshangabad District, and on the northwest by Raisen District. The administrative seat is Narsinghpur.
The district sits in the basin of the Narmada River. The Vindhya Range skirts the northern end of the district. The Satpura Range forms the district's southern boundary. It is located between 220 55’ and 230 15’ north latitude, and 780 38’ and 790 38’ east longitudes. It has an average elevation of 359.8 m above mean sea level.
At the beginning of the 19th century, Narsinghpur District was in the domain of the Maratha Bhonsle Maharajas of Nagpur,and was known as "Gadaria Kheda".Soon a Ĵat Leader Occupied the place and built a large temple of Lord Narsingh on it. This led to the city to be named as Narsinghpur. Later this district was ceded to the British Raj in 1818. Narsinghpur District was part of the Nerbudda (Narmada) Division of the Central Provinces and Berar, which became the state of Madhya Bharat (later Madhya Pradesh) after India's independence in 1947.
- Numbered list item
According to the 2011 census Narsinghpur District has a population of 1,092,141, roughly equal to the nation of Cyprus or the US state of Rhode Island. This gives it a ranking of 418th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 213 inhabitants per square kilometre (550 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 14.04%. Narsimhapur has a sex ratio of 917 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 76.79%.
- Government Multipurpose Higher Secondary School
- Government Post Graduate College
- Government School of Excellence
There is a Bus Stand located near the station. It's quite a busy place. Previously it was at the city center. The town is around the National Highway - 26.
- ^ "Narsinghpur". mponline. http://www.mponline.in/Profile/districts/Narsinghpur.asp. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- ^ "Narsinghpur". District administration. http://narsinghpur.nic.in/. Retrieved 2010-08-19.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Cyprus 1,120,489 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Rhode Island 1,052,567"
-  List of places in Narsinghpur
|Raisen district||Sagar district||Damoh district|
|Hoshangabad district||Chhindwara district||Seoni district|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Narsinghpur district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|