|National Archives of the Netherlands|
|Main entrance of Nationaal Archief|
|Headquarters|| The Hague|
The Nationaal Archief (NA) is the national archive of the Netherlands, located in The Hague. It houses collections for the central government, the province of Zuid-Holland, and the former County of Holland. There is also material from private institutions and individuals with an association to the Dutch government or the political or social history of the Netherlands. The Nationaal Archief holds the Archives of the Dutch East India Company from 1602–1811, which were, along with related records held by South Africa, India, Sri Lanka, and Indonesia, inscribed on UNESCO's Memory of the World Programme Register in 2003 in recognition of their historical value. Recently, the photographic archives of Spaarnestad Photo were included in the Nationaal Archief. It has been announced that Wikipedia will get user rights over a large number of photos from these archives.
The entrance links to a walkway leading to the sister organizations housed in the same building. The large complex comprises a large apparatus to keep documents stored in optimum conditions, which the NA maintains (with government subsidies) for its sister organizations. The list of organizations housed in the complex adjoining The Hague Central Station are:
- Spaarnestad Photo archive (formerly of Haarlem)
- Biografisch Portaal
- The Koninklijke Bibliotheek (KB)
- The Centraal Bureau voor Genealogie (CBG)
- The Digital Library for Dutch Literature (DBNL) (formerly of Leiden)
- Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS)
- The International Institute of Social History (IISG)
- The Onderzoekscentrum voor Geschiedenis en Cultuur (OGC),
- The Parlementair Documentatie Centrum (PDC)
- The Netherlands Institute for Art History (RKD)
- The Netherlands Music Institute (NMI)
- The Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands (Huygens ING)
- Letterkundig Museum (LM)
See also Edit
- ^ "Archives of the Dutch East India Company". UNESCO Memory of the World Programme. 2008-05-15. http://portal.unesco.org/ci/en/ev.php-URL_ID=21303&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- ^ 12 miljoen foto's naar Den Haag: Collectie Spaarnestad Photo deels toegevoegd aan Nationaal Archief, Henny de Lange, Trouw, 1 October 2008.
- ^ Volkskrant.nl, ANP, De Volkskrant, 21 July 2010.
- ^ Nationaal Archief Nederlandse Antillen: ontmanteling, retrieved 23 July 2009.
- National Digital Archives of the Netherlands
- National Archives of the Netherlands
- het nationaal archief
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Nationaal Archief. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|