|Baptism:|| December 15, 1743|
Dutch Reformed Church,
|Death:||September 21, 1796|
|Father:||Johannes Bennet (c1708-1775)|
|Mother:||Marijke Latten (c1710-?)|
|Spouse/Partner:||Mary Duryea (1752-1834)|
|Marriage:|| December 2, 1773|
|Children:||Maratje Bennet (1774-1830)|
Nicholas was likely named for his maternal grandfather Nicolaas Latten.
He married Mary Duryea (1752-1834) on December 2, 1773. She was the daughter of Joost Duryea and Willempy Terhune.
- Maratye Bennet (1774-1830) who married Rem Cashow (1768-1816)
- George Bennet (1776-?) who married Susan Travis.
- Femetye Bennet (1780-?) who married John Voorhis.
- Willimpie Bennet (1782-?) who was born in May of 1782.
- Johannes Bennet (1786-1839) who married Ann Nostrand.
- Roelof Bennet (1789-?) who married Elizabeth Hendrickson.
- Margaret Bennet (1790-?) who was born on April 14, 1790 and married Jesse B. Wright.
Nicholas Bennet, son of Johannes Bennet and Malte Letten, b. Dec. 15, 1743; d. Sep. 21, 1796; m. Dec. 2, 1773, Mary or Maria Duryea, dau. of Joost and Willempy Terhune, b. Jan. 23, 1752; d. Dec. 20, 1834. Her mother in her will gives her the pewter platter marked "M. R. T." (Compiled from a Psalm book in possession of Mrs. Sarah M. Youngs of C. S., and a Bible of Nicholas of O. B., a grandson and son of Roelof). She was admitted to the church as a widow, Oct. 28, 1815.
- ^ Henry Augustus Stoutenburgh (1902), A documentary history of het (the) Nederdeutsche gemeente: Dutch congregation, of Oyster Bay, Queens County, Island of Nassau, now Long Island, http://books.google.com/books?id=26YuAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA177&dq=%22Rem+cashow%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=d_nMT-nZJ8GdgQfO7bHpDg&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22Rem%20cashow%22&f=false, retrieved 2012-06-04, "Nicholas Bennet ..."