|Oscar Arthur Lindauer|
|Birth:|| December 22, 1872|
Manhattan, New York
|Death:|| October 02, 1948|
|Burial:||Fairmount Cemetery, Newark, New Jersey|
|Father:|| Charles Lindauer (1840-?)|
Who may be the same as:
Charles Frederick Lindauer I (1836-1921)
|Mother:||Caroline Ritter (1846-?)|
|Spouse/Partner:||Jennie Louise Courter (1879-1963)|
|Marriage:|| June of 1903|
|Children:|| John Howard Lindauer I (1905-1954)|
Florence Elizabeth Lindauer (1907-1967)
Natalie Jean Lindauer (1910-1996)
Charles Frederick Lindauer II (1919-2006)
Oscar Arthur Lindauer (1872-1948) was a real estate manager. (b. December 23, 1872; Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA - d. October 02, 1948; Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio, USA)
- Oscar Arthur Lindauer
- Oskar Sorelt Lindauer
- Charles F. Lindauer (1840) who may be the same as Charles Frederick Lindauer I (1836-1921)
- Caroline Ritter (1846-?), who was born in Paris, France.
Parents who raised themEdit
They raised Oscar after the death of Caroline.
December 22, 1872 in Manhattan, New York City, New York according to his birth certificate indexed in IGI. However he lists December 23, 1872 in his WWI draft registration, and December 23, 1872 was used on his death certificate.
- George Lindauer (1866-?) who may have moved to Bound Brook or Somerset, New Jersey according to the 1930 census
- Charlotte Lindauer (1869-1894) aka Lottie Lindauer
- Clara Louise Lindauer (1871-?) aka Lulu Lindauer who was born in February 1871 in New York.
Arthur married Jennie Louise Courter (1879-1963) aka Jean Louise Courter in June of 1903. She was from Newark, Essex County, New Jersey.
- John Howard Lindauer I (1905-1954) who worked as a radio engineer in 1930 and was later a television engineer for RCA
- Florence Elizabeth Lindauer (1907-1967) who worked as a keypunch operator in a fire insurance company in 1930, and married Charles James Cull II (1903-1976)
- Natalie Jean Lindauer (1910-1996) who married Alfred Richardson (1901-1953) and lived in Cincinnati, Ohio and died in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
- Charles Frederick Lindauer II (1919-2006) who married Gloria X (1925- ) and later moved to Florida
Arthur appears in the 1880 United States Census under the name "Oscar Lindauner" in Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey. His father was working as a cigar maker. Oscar Arthur Lindauer also appears in the 1900-1930 US Census living in Jersey City. In 1900 he was living at 211 Pacific Avenue in Jersey City with his sister Lulu who wasn't married. In 1910 Oscar was living at 262 Communipaw Avenue. In 1900 through 1930 Oscar was working in real estate.
Men's Club of Lafayette Church, Jersey CityEdit
Oscar Arthur Lindauer was General Secretary of the Men's Club of Lafayette Church in Jersey City, New Jersey. This was recorded in "In Memoriam Elbert and Alice Hubbard, 1915". On June 8, 1915 they passed a resolution honoring the late Elbert Hubbard.
World War I draftEdit
Oscar Arthur Lindauer registered for the draft on September 12, 1918. He was working as a clerk at the C. Howard Slater real estate agency at 305 Pacific Avenue in Jersey City. He was living with his wife, Jean Louise Courter at 8 Park Street in Jersey City. He had gray eyes, black hair, and was slender and of medium build.
New Jersey to OhioEdit
After 1940 he moved to Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio with his wife.
He died on October 02, 1948 in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio.
He was buried on October 06, 1948 in Fairmount Cemetery at 620 Central Avenue in Newark, Essex County, New Jersey.
Oscar is named after his grandfather: Oscar Arthur Moritz Lindauer (1815-1866) who was born in Strasbourg, Alsace in France where the family spoke German.
Try and find his marriage certificate, and look for a photo from his grandchildren.