|Outagamie County, Wisconsin|
Location in the state of Wisconsin
Wisconsin's location in the U.S.
644 sq mi (1,668 km²)
640 sq mi (1,658 km²)
4 sq mi (10 km²), 0.63%
251/sq mi (97/km²)
Outagamie County, along with neighboring Calumet County, forms the Appleton, Wisconsin, Metropolitan Statistical Area. Outagamie County is also part of the Appleton-Neenah-Oshkosh Combined Statistical Area, along with adjacent Winnebago County.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 644 square miles (1,668 km2), of which 640 square miles (1,658 km2) is land and 4 square miles (10 km2) is water.
|WI Counties 1900-1990|
As of the census of 2000, there were 160,971 people, 60,530 households, and 42,189 families residing in the county. The population density was 251 per square mile (97 /km2). There were 62,614 housing units at an average density of 98 per square mile (38 /km2). The racial makeup of the county was 93.87% White, 0.54% Black or African American, 1.54% Native American, 2.23% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 0.81% from other races, and 0.98% from two or more races. 1.99% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. 47.7% were of German, 9.4% Dutch, 6.2% Irish and 5.2% American ancestry according to Census 2000.
Of the 60,530 households, 36.00% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.90% were married couples living together, 7.60% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.30% were non-families. 24.20% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.40% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.61 and the average family size was 3.14.
By age, 27.70% of the population was under 18, 8.90% from 18 to 24, 31.90% from 25 to 44, 20.70% from 45 to 64, and 10.90% were 65 or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 99.50 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.90 males.
Cities, Villages, and TownsEdit
- Shawano County - north
- Brown County - east
- Calumet County - southeast
- Winnebago County - southwest
- Waupaca County - west
- ^ "Find a County". National Association of Counties. http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^ http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/SAFFPopulation?_event=Search&geo_id=05000US55009&_geoContext=01000US%7C04000US55%7C05000US55009&_street=&_county=Outagamie+County&_cityTown=Outagamie+County&_state=04000US55&_zip=&_lang=en&_sse=on&ActiveGeoDiv=geoSelect&_useEV=&pctxt=fph&pgsl=050&_submenuId=population_0&ds_name=null&_ci_nbr=null&qr_name=null®=null:null&_keyword=&_industry=
- ^ Dictionary of Wisconsin History
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Outagamie County government
- Outagamie County entry on Wisconsin Online
- Commemorative Biographical Record of the Fox River Valley Counties of Brown, Outagamie and Winnebago
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Outagamie County, Wisconsin. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|