- Directions: (special thanks to Marion Sturkey for providing these directions): From downtown McCormick (being the intersection of US-378 and SC-28), go 5.2 miles on SC-28; on your left will be Buffalo Baptist Church, turn right on Kennedy Road and go 1.7 miles East; turn right on Red Row Road and go 0.52 miles SSE. At this point you are 0.14 miles from the location where the road crosses Vale Branch. Turn right and walk 400 feet West to the cemetery, located on top of a hill in a clump of trees. Note: It is best to obtain permission from the property owner before walking over this gated land.
- Condition: The cemetery is in deplorable condition. It is located in a pasture and over the years cows have been left to walk over and among the graves.
From right of cemetery, right to left.
Grave 1 - Mrs. Mary A., Wife of Joshua B. Palmer, March 5, 1830, Dec. 20, 1916, Thy loss we deeply feel
Grave 2 - Mr. Joshua B. Palmer, Dec. 21, 1842 Oct. 7, 1913, Ye shall be gathered one by one
Grave 3 - Cleopatra Jaro Palmer, Died June 16, 1925, Aged 68 years, Safe in the arms of Jesus
Grave 1 - rock marked M. P. [hand carved]
Grave 2 - rock marked H. P. [hand carved]
Grave 3 - J. J. Palmer, Born Aug. 16, 1831, Died March 30, 1904, Tis the Lord who hath bereft us, Of the one we loved so well
Grave 5 - Mrs. Ann Palmer, April 25th, 1853, Aged 44 yrs. & 2 months
Grave 6 - Champeen D. Palmer, Born Jan. 8, 1799, Died Jan. 15, 1868
Grave 7 - Virginia Ann Palmer, Lovely Child
Grave 1 - J. B. Palmer, Born Dec. 29, 1866, Died Dec. 3, 1890
Grave 2 - Mary Ann, Wife of Champeen Dale Palmer, 1840 - 1910
Grave 3 - 4 - unmarked
Grave 5 - Singleton H. Plamer, Died Nov. 1837, Aged 28 yrs. and 7 months
Grave 6 - 8 - unmarked
Grave 9 - George P. Palmer, Aged 25 yrs. & 8 months
Grave 10 - Simeon Brooks, Died Jan. 1839, Aged 32 years
Grave 11 - Mrs. Beatrice Palmer who departed this life October 25th, 1862, Aged 52 years and 9 months
Grave 1 - D. P.
Grave 1a [different from above?] - In memory of Dale Palmer
Grave 2 - Mrs. Rachel Palmer, Died Sept. 1857, Aged 78 years
Grave 3 - George Palmer, Segn., Died Febr. 1848, Aged 78 years
Grave 1, [hand carved, almost unreadable]- Joe Beall, Born Oct. 1798, Died --- 1819
Grave 2 - carving on soft stone, unreadable
Grave 3 - unmarked
Rocks marking graves:
- Most of the information about this cemetery was copied with permission from McCormick County Cemeteries prepared by the McCormick County Historical Society in 1987, whose members are deeply thanked.
- Details beyond simple text not as appears on original; comments appear in brackets: [ ]; photographs taken 5 December 2004.
- Others may be buried in this cemetery but due to the condition it is impossible to tell.