Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Perry County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Arkansas's location in the U.S.
|Founded||December 18, 1840|
560.47 sq mi (1,452 km²)
550.94 sq mi (1,427 km²)
9.53 sq mi (25 km²), 1.70%
19/sq mi (7.32/km²)
Perry County is a county located in the U.S. state of Arkansas. Its population was 10,445 at the 2010 United States Census. The county seat is Perryville. Perry County is included in the Little Rock–North Little Rock–Conway Metropolitan Statistical Area. The center of population of Arkansas is located in the far northeast corner of Perry County.
According to the 2000 census, the county has a total area of 560.47 square miles (1,451.6 km2), of which 550.94 square miles (1,426.9 km2) (or 98.30%) is land and 9.53 square miles (24.7 km2) (or 1.70%) is water.
- Conway County (north)
- Faulkner County (northeast)
- Pulaski County (east)
- Saline County (southeast)
- Garland County (southwest)
- Yell County (west)
National protected areaEdit
- Ouachita National Forest (part)
As of the census of 2000, there were 10,209 people, 3,989 households, and 2,939 families residing in the county. The population density was 18 people per square mile (7/km²). There were 4,702 housing units at an average density of 8 per square mile (3/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 95.62% White, 1.73% Black or African American, 0.98% Native American, 0.15% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 0.39% from other races, and 1.11% from two or more races. 1.18% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 3,989 households out of which 32.60% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 61.10% were married couples living together, 8.70% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.30% were non-families. 23.20% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.40% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.52 and the average family size was 2.96.
In the county the population was spread out with 25.30% under the age of 18, 7.40% from 18 to 24, 28.00% from 25 to 44, 24.50% from 45 to 64, and 14.80% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 98.30 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 96.20 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $31,083, and the median income for a family was $37,170. Males had a median income of $28,254 versus $21,462 for females. The per capita income for the county was $16,216. About 10.50% of families and 14.00% of the population were below the poverty line, including 17.00% of those under age 18 and 15.00% of those age 65 or over.
Cities and towns Edit
Townships in Arkansas are the divisions of a county. Each township includes unincorporated areas and some may have incorporated towns or cities within part of their space. Townships have limited purposes in modern times. However, the US Census does list Arkansas population based on townships (often referred to as "minor civil divisions"). Townships are also of value for historical purposes in terms of genealogical research. Each town or city is within one or more townships in an Arkansas county based on census maps. The townships of Perry County are listed below with the town(s) and/or city that are fully or partially inside them listed in parentheses.
- Casa (Casa)
- Cherry Hill
- Fourche Lafavre (most of Perryville)
- Houston (Houston)
- Lake (Perry)
- New Tennessee
- Perry (Bigelow, Fourche)
- Petit Jean (Adona)
- Rose Creek
- Union Valley (small part of Perryville)
- ^ "Find a County". National Association of Counties. http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^ http://www.census.gov/geo/www/cenpop/statecenters.txt
- ^ "Census 2000 U.S. Gazetteer Files: Counties". United States Census. http://www.census.gov/tiger/tms/gazetteer/county2k.txt. Retrieved 2011-02-13.
- ^ "U.S. Decennial Census". Census.gov. http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- ^ "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012". Census.gov. http://www.census.gov/popest/data/counties/totals/2012/CO-EST2012-alldata.html. Retrieved July 6, 2013.
- ^ Based on 2000 census data
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ US Census Bureau. 2011 Boundary and Annexation Survey (BAS): Perry County, AR [map]. Retrieved 20110824.
- ^ 
|Conway County||Faulkner County|
|Yell County||Pulaski County|
Perry County, Arkansas
|Garland County||Saline County|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Perry County, Arkansas. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|