Phoebe wife of Richard Sikes
- Sex: female
- Born: say 1610 England
- Married: c1640
- Died: 2 Jun 1687 Springfield
- Rebecca Sikes (1641-1712)
- Experience Sikes (1642-1648)
- Increase Sikes (1644-1712)
- Nathaniel Sikes (1646-1687)
- Victory Sikes (1649-1708)
- James Sikes (1651-1712)
Phoebe Sykes joined the church in Dorchester on the 9 day 4 month 1640, 9 June 1640. This is the first record of Phoebe in New England.
At this point Phoebe's surname is not known for sure, there is a active investigation going on that she might be Phoebe Cooley, brother of Benjamin Cooley another early Springfield resident.
- Records Church of Dorchester in New England: 1636 – 1734, by George W. Ellis, 1891, p4-5, 135
- A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, before 1693, by James Savage, 1862
- The Cooley Genealogy, Chapter IV of Early Springfield and Longmeadow, Massachusetts with Special Reference to Benjamin Cooley, Pioneer, by Henry A. Wright
- Hendrick Sykes and Allied Families, by M. Elizabeth (Oviatt) Browning, Hendrick and Sykes genealogy, with a the contention that Phobe is Phobe Green, which she is not. Location: Springfield Historical Library, Springfield, MA, Case X 929.2 H38+B
- Did Benjamin Cooley’s Sister Phebe Marry Richard Sikes of Springfield, Massachusetts, proving both born Tring, Hertford, England, by Eleanor Cooley Rue, 2000. Paper in possession of the Sikes/Sykes Families Association.