Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Phoebe wife of Richard Sikes
- Sex: female
- Born: say 1610 England
- Married: c1640
- Died: 2 Jun 1687 Springfield
- Rebecca Sikes (1641-1712)
- Experience Sikes (1642-1648)
- Increase Sikes (1644-1712)
- Nathaniel Sikes (1646-1687)
- Victory Sikes (1649-1708)
- James Sikes (1651-1712)
Phoebe Sykes joined the church in Dorchester on the 9 day 4 month 1640, 9 June 1640. This is the first record of Phoebe in New England.
At this point Phoebe's surname is not known for sure, there is a active investigation going on that she might be Phoebe Cooley, brother of Benjamin Cooley another early Springfield resident.
- Records Church of Dorchester in New England: 1636 – 1734, by George W. Ellis, 1891, p4-5, 135
- A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England, before 1693, by James Savage, 1862
- The Cooley Genealogy, Chapter IV of Early Springfield and Longmeadow, Massachusetts with Special Reference to Benjamin Cooley, Pioneer, by Henry A. Wright
- Hendrick Sykes and Allied Families, by M. Elizabeth (Oviatt) Browning, Hendrick and Sykes genealogy, with a the contention that Phobe is Phobe Green, which she is not. Location: Springfield Historical Library, Springfield, MA, Case X 929.2 H38+B
- Did Benjamin Cooley’s Sister Phebe Marry Richard Sikes of Springfield, Massachusetts, proving both born Tring, Hertford, England, by Eleanor Cooley Rue, 2000. Paper in possession of the Sikes/Sykes Families Association.