Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Portage Central Cemetery, City of Portage, Kalamazoo County, Michigan, USA
Grave 1 - ? A1 - 1 ?, Kangeland Chapels
Grave 2 - George M. ?ybarcz?, 1964 - 1984, ? Ch?s
Grave 10 - Te Quiero Con Todo Mi Alma, Marcos, Aug. 14, 1991 - Dec. 24, 1991; May the shape of this candy cane that of the Shepherd's staff, remind you that the Lord is your Shepherd tenderly and lovingly caring for you. May the white stripes remind you of the purity of the Lord, and the red stripes remind you of the blood he shed for you. May the sweet taste always remind you of the sweetest gift ever given that of eternal life the through Jesus Christ our Lord. When you set the candy cane this and every Christmas, don't ?; love blooms here
Grave 11 - Bethany Michelle Lawrence, March 8, 1992, daughter of Jim & Diane, [t]win sister of Kiersten; Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14
Grave 12 - Nathan Scott Vincent, Jan. 15, 1985 - Apr. 9, 1990, our little prince
Grave 20 - husband - father, Lester P. Coffman, 1910 - 1976
Grave 21 - Angel Fay Becker, DOB 3-?8, Died 3-?83
Grave 23 - Always a friend, Brian Michael Warrall, Mar. 14, 1953 - Nov. 26, 1983
Grave 24 - Keep smiling, Adam Jon Warrall, Jan. 4, 1977 - Feb. 20, 1992
Grave 25 - Jerry A. Tillema, Dec. 18, 1957 - Aug. 29, 1996, treasured forever are memories of you
- Grave 26a - Orta M., 1905 - 1975
- Grave 26b - Harold L., 1905 - 1978
Grave 27 - The Lord is my Shepherd, Doris Greendyke, Oct. 19, 1927 - Feb. 19, 1999
Grave 28 - The Lord is my Shepherd, Robert Greendyke, Jan. 21, 1924 - Dec. 3, 1999
Grave 29 - W. Woodard, 1883 - 1948
Grave 31 - [illegible]
Grave 33 - Father, Jan Grimmius, 1868 - 1950
- United States Grave 35a - John J., 1919 - [intentionally left blank on marker]; United States Air Force, Vet. W.W. II
- Grave 35b - Marie S., 1921 - [intentionally left blank on marker]
Grave 36 - Cornelia G. Schippers, 192? - 1927, our darling
Grave 37, family plot marker - Sweetland
Grave 38, two names on one marker, common inscription: Matteson
- Grave 38a - Ardith M., 1928 - 1983
- Grave 38b - Donald H., 1925 - [intentionally left blank on marker], ? W.W.2.
Grave 39, family plot marker - Matteson
Grave 40 - Winfield Scott Ingersoll, 1849 - 1914
Grave 41 - Ellen E. Ingersoll, 1854 - 1929
Grave 42 - Father, Peter Tim?er, 1864 - 193?
Grave 43 - Mother, Dena Timmer, 1868 - 1923
Grave 44, two names on one marker, common inscription: Hoogendoorn
- Grave 44a - Father, Nicholas, 1887 - 1957
- Grave 44b - Mother, Minnie A., 1894 - 1973
Grave 45, two names on one marker, common inscription: Mein
- Grave 45a - Jacob G., 1912 - [intentionally left blank on marker]
- Grave 45b - Margaret F., 1911 - [intentionally left blank on marker]
- Grave 46a - Garrit, 1889 - 1932
- Grave 46b - Milhelmina, 1894 - 1984
Grave 47, two names on one marker, common inscription: Ver Meulen
- Grave 47a - Gysbert, 09 - 1994
- Grave 47b - Kather? Couch, 1909 - ?
Grave 48 - Beloved wife of Ed, Ellen M. Kluk, Sept. 3, 1957 - May 9, 1994, "It's the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live. . ." And she lived
Grave 49 - John & Martha, children of B. & L. Kannegieter, 1897
Grave 50 - Brother, Claus Timmer, 1860 - 1937
- Grave 52 - Anna E., 1834 - 1914
Grave 53 - Brother, Derby D. Dustin, Born Aug. 14, 1874, Died May 8, 1907.
Grave 54 - Frances A. wife of B. Dontje, 1865 - 1897
Grave 55 - Mary E. Dontje, 1896 - 1946
Grave 56, two names on one marker, common inscription: Zwart
- Grave 56a - Helen, 1894 - 1972
- Grave 56b - Tony, 1887 - 1966
Grave 57, two names on one marker, common inscription: Beveridge
- Grave 57a - Winifr[ed], 1905 - ?
- Grave 57b - ?
Grave 58, two names on one marker, common inscription: Kiel
- Grave 58a - Mother, Jacobtje, 1867 - 1936
- Grave 58b - Father, John, 1867 - 1936
- Details beyond simple text not as appears on original; comments appear in brackets: [ ]; "?" substituted for unknown letter(s)/word(s)/line(s); not all graves transcribed or photographed; grave numbers for the convenience of the transcriber and photographer only; photographs taken 7 October 2001; transcription compiled from photographs.