Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The New Zealand Society of Genealogists Incorporated was founded in 1967 and has over eight thousand current members, over 70 local branches, and a dozen Special Interest Groups mostly devoted to studying other parts of the world.
- Cemetery records: cemeteries"at"genealogy.org.nz
- Church records:
- School records (North Island):
- School records (South Island): SchoolRecordsSI"at"genealogy.org.nz
Its magazine, The New Zealand Genealogist, has won the occasional international award.
"One-off" publications include:
- New Zealand Burial Locator (CD105, 2007) - over a million names, mostly New Zealand
- NZSG Index (CD04N) - v.4 has 86 different record types with 5.8 million records (NB, version 5 out soon)
- Regional Research Repositories In New Zealand (R01-R10)
- New Zealand Marriages 1836-1956 (CD103) - about 1.7 million names of brides and grooms; principal purpose is matching brides and grooms
- Hawera Star 1880-1982: Transcript of Births (M27) - 6 fiche, alpha-index, with separate maiden name index
- New Zealand Society of Genealogists/Branches
- New Zealand Society of Genealogists/Special Interest Groups
- New Zealand Society of Genealogists/2007 Conference
- New Zealand Society of Genealogists/2008 Conference
This page is a "stub" and could be improved by additions and other edits.]]