Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Pueblo County, Colorado|
The Pueblo County Courthouse with brass dome in Pueblo
Location in the state of Colorado
Colorado's location in the U.S.
|Founded||November 1, 1861|
|Named for||City of Pueblo|
2,398 sq mi (6,211 km²)
2,386 sq mi (6,180 km²)
12 sq mi (31 km²), 0.5%
67/sq mi (26/km²)
|Time zone||Mountain: UTC-7/-6|
Pueblo County // is one of the 64 counties in the U.S. state of Colorado. As of the 2010 census, the population was 159,063. The county seat is Pueblo. The county was named for the historic city of Pueblo which took its name from the Spanish language word meaning "town" or "village".
National protected areasEdit
Trails and bywaysEdit
- American Discovery Trail
- Frontier Pathways National Scenic and Historic Byway
- TransAmerica Trail Bicycle Route
- Western Express Bicycle Route
As of the Census 2007 statistical update, there were 154,712 people, 59,956 households, and 40,084 families residing in the county. The population density was 59 people per square mile (23/km²). There were 67,314 housing units at an average density of 25 per square mile (10/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 79.47% Caucasian, 1.90% Black or African American, 1.59% Native American, 0.65% Asian, 0.07% Pacific Islander, 12.93% from other races, and 3.38% from two or more races. 37.97% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. 11.6% were of German, 8.8% Italian, 6.7% English, 6.6% American and 6.5% Irish ancestry according to Census 2000.
There were 59,956 households out of which 31.50% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 50.10% were married couples living together, 13.30% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.60% were non-families. 26.60% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.10% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.52 and the average family size was 3.04.
In the county the population was spread out with 25.80% under the age of 18, 9.40% from 18 to 24, 27.20% from 25 to 44, 22.40% from 45 to 64, and 15.20% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females there were 95.80 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.50 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $41,283, and the median income for a family was $50,143. The per capita income for the county was $21,656. About 11.20% of families and 14.90% of the population were below the poverty line, including 19.70% of those under age 18 and 8.70% of those age 65 or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- Index of Colorado-related articles
- Arapahoe County, Kansas Territory
- El Paso County, Jefferson Territory
- Colorado census statistical areas
- Front Range Urban Corridor
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Pueblo County, Colorado
- ^ a b "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/08/08101.html. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- ^ "Find a County". National Association of Counties. http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^ "OMB Bulletin No. 10-02: Update of Statistical Area Definitions and Guidance on Their Uses". United States Office of Management and Budget. December 1, 2009. http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/assets/bulletins/b10-02.pdf. Retrieved April 19, 2012.
- ^ See the Colorado census statistical areas.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ "U.S. Decennial Census". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- ^ "Historical Census Browser". University of Virginia Library. http://mapserver.lib.virginia.edu. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- ^ "Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/co190090.txt. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- ^ "Census 2000 PHC-T-4. Ranking Tables for Counties: 1990 and 2000". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/www/cen2000/briefs/phc-t4/tables/tab02.pdf. Retrieved June 10, 2014.
- Pueblo County Government website
- Pueblo County Geographic Information Systems website
- Colorado County Evolution by Don Stanwyck
- Colorado Historical Society
|Fremont County||El Paso County||Lincoln County|
|Custer County||Crowley County and Otero County|
Pueblo County, Colorado
|Huerfano County||Las Animas County|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Pueblo County, Colorado. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|