|Population density||464/km2 (2001)|
Pulwama district has 3 tehsils:
Pulwama District has 4 assembly constituencies: Tral, Pampore, Pulwama and Rajpora.
According to the 2011 census Pulwama district has a population of 570,060, roughly equal to the nation of Solomon Islands or the US state of Wyoming. This gives it a ranking of 535th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 598 inhabitants per square kilometre (1,550 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 29.18 %. Pulwama has a sex ratio of 913 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 65 %.
- ^ Statement showing the number of blocks in respect of 22 Districts of Jammu and Kashmir State including newly Created Districts dated 2008-03-13, accessed 2008-08-30
- ^ "ERO's and AERO's". Chief Electoral Officer, Jammu and Kashmir. http://ceojammukashmir.nic.in/ERos_AERos.html. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Solomon Islands 571,890 July 2011 est."
- ^ "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. http://2010.census.gov/2010census/data/apportionment-pop-text.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "Wyoming 563,626"
|Badgam district||Anantnag district|
|Shopian district||Kulgam district|
|This article related to a location in Jammu and Kashmir is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Pulwama district. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|