|Racine County, Wisconsin|
Racine County Court House
Location in the state of Wisconsin
Wisconsin's location in the U.S.
792 sq mi (2,051 km²)
333 sq mi (862 km²)
460 sq mi (1,191 km²), 58.0%
588/sq mi (227/km²)
|Time zone||Central: UTC-6/-5|
Racine County is a county located in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. As of the 2010 census, the population was 195,408 making it the fifth-most populous county in Wisconsin. Its county seat is Racine.
Adjacent counties Edit
- Milwaukee County (north)
- Ottawa County, Michigan (northeast)
- Allegan County, Michigan (southeast)
- Kenosha County (south)
- Walworth County (west)
- Waukesha County (northwest)
As of the census of 2000, there were 188,831 people, 70,819 households, and 49,856 families residing in the county. The population density was 567 people per square mile (219/km²). There were 74,718 housing units at an average density of 224 per square mile (87/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 83.04% White, 10.47% Black or African American, 0.36% Native American, 0.72% Asian, 0.04% Pacific Islander, 3.69% from other races, and 1.67% from two or more races. 7.94% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. 32.9% were of German, 7.4% Polish and 5.5% Irish ancestry according to Census 2000.
There were 70,819 households out of which 34.50% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.00% were married couples living together, 12.30% had a female householder with no husband present, and 29.60% were non-families. 24.50% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.20% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.59 and the average family size was 3.09.
In the county, the population was spread out with 27.00% under the age of 18, 8.30% from 18 to 24, 29.90% from 25 to 44, 22.50% from 45 to 64, and 12.30% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females there were 98.00 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.50 males.
- County Executive: James Ladwig
- County Clerk: Wendy Christensen
- Treasurer: Jane Nikolai
- Register of Deeds: Tyson Fettes
- Clerk of Courts: Roseanne Lee
- District Attorney: W. Richard Chiapete
- Sheriff: Christopher Schmaling
The legislature is known as the County Board which consists of 23 members each elected from single member districts. The County Executive is elected in a countywide vote.
Cities, villages, and townsEdit
- ^ a b "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/55/55101.html. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- ^ "Find a County". National Association of Counties. http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ "U.S. Decennial Census". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- ^ "Historical Census Browser". University of Virginia Library. http://mapserver.lib.virginia.edu. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- ^ "Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/wi190090.txt. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- ^ "Census 2000 PHC-T-4. Ranking Tables for Counties: 1990 and 2000". United States Census Bureau. http://www.census.gov/population/www/cen2000/briefs/phc-t4/tables/tab02.pdf. Retrieved January 23, 2014.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
|Waukesha County||Milwaukee County||Ottawa County, Michigan|
Racine County, Wisconsin
|Kenosha County||Allegan County, Michigan|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Racine County, Wisconsin. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|