- Cassart is the original family name
- Ram Cashow is used on his tombstone
- Rem Kashow
- Rem Cashow is used by Henry Augustus Stoutenburgh
- Rem Cassou
- Rem Kashou
- Rem Kershaw, his son Abraham used "Kershaw"
He married Hendericke Hageman (1772-c1795) aka Hanke Hageman around 1787. She was the daughter of Adriaen Hageman and Egbertie Van Nostrand. She was born on April 11, 1772 and was baptized on May 7, 1772 in Wolver Hollow, New York. If she married in 1787 she would have been age 15.
Children of first marriage
- Margaret Cashow (1788-), aka Maragrieta, who was baptized on October 5, 1788 and she married Thomas Wood
- Maria Cashow (1791-) who married Benjamin Wilson
- Peter Cashow (1794-1835) who married Ann Bailey and after her death married Elizabeth Garry
|Offspring of Rem Cashow and Hendericke Hageman (1772-c1795)|
|Margaret Cashow (1788-)|| |
|Maria Cashow (1791-)|| |
|Peter Cashow (1794-1835)|
|Offspring of Rem Cashow and Maratje Bennet (1774-1830)|
|Nicholas Cashow (1799-1853)|| |
|Hendrick Cashow (1803-)|| |
|Phebe Onderdonk Cashow (1805-1867)|| |
|Jane Cashow (1807-1879)|| |
|Abraham Cashow (1814-)|
He married Maratye Bennet (1774-1830), aka Mary Bennet, around 1798 in Oyster Bay, Nassau County, New York. She was the daughter of Nicholas Bennet and Mary Duryea. She was born on September 25, 1774 and was baptized on October 11, 1774 in Wolver Hollow, New York. She died on July 23, 1830.
Children of second marriage
- Nicholas Cashow (1799-1853) was baptized on April 7, 1799 in Wolver Hollow, New York and he died on July 1, 1853
- Hendrick Cashow (1803-) was baptized on April 24, 1803 in Wolver Hollow, New York and married Henrietta Topping
- Phebe Onderdonk Cashow (1805-1867) who married George Bogart (1803-1865)
- Jane Cashow (1807-1879) who married James Voorhees Duryea (1804-1889)
- Abraham Cashow (1814-c1850) was baptized on February 13, 1814 in /Wolver Hollow, New York and died on his way to California presumably in 1850-1851 during the California Gold Rush. He may be the same person as Abraham Kershaw (1815-aft1850) who married Sarah Oldrin (1816-1894) around 1835 and disappeared from written records after the 1850 United States Census.
He was buried in East Hillside Cemetery, Glen Head, New York. His tombstone reads: "Sacred to the memory of Ram Kashow was born the 10th day of February in the year of our Lord 1768 and died the 27th day of September in the year of our Lord 1816 in the 48 year of his age." (If those dates are right he was in his 49th year.)
- Book: Cossart
- Rem Cashow (1768-1816) at Findagrave
- Rem Cashow (1768-1816) at Geni
- Rem Cashow (1768-1816) at Geni (second entry)
- ^ a b c d e f Henry Augustus Stoutenburgh (1902), A documentary history of het (the) Nederdeutsche gemeente: Dutch congregation, of Oyster Bay, Queens County, Island of Nassau, now Long Island, http://books.google.com/books?id=26YuAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA177&dq=%22Rem+cashow%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=d_nMT-nZJ8GdgQfO7bHpDg&ved=0CDIQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22Rem%20cashow%22&f=false, retrieved 2012-06-04, "Rem Cashow, son of Frederick and Maragriete Hardenburg, b. Feb. 19, 1768; bp. Mch. 27, 1768, in WH ; d. Sep. 27, 1816; m. Hendericke (called Hanke) Hegeman, dau. of Adriaen and Egbertie Van Nostrand"