Richard Taylor (1652-1694)Edit
- Many believe he is the son of Richard "The Rock" Taylor (Richard Taylor (abt 1625-1703), but evidence does not support this. At this time, there is no documented evidence of his parentage.
- Sex: Male
- Born: abt. 1652 at unknown location.
- Died: July 9, 1694 possibly in Sudbury, according to the administration of his will.
It remains to be seen/proven who this Richard Taylor's parents were.
- Hannah Rice (abt 1649-1707), widow of Eleazar Ward, daughter of Henry Rice (1617-1711) and Elizabeth Moore (1624-1705). Hannah and Richard were married 17 October 1677, possibly in Sudbury, Mass.
- Richard Taylor (1678-1753); m. Sarah Unknown (1680-1741)
- John Taylor (1680-?)
- Elizabeth Taylor (1682-?)
- Anna Taylor (1684-?)
- Lydia Taylor (1686-?)
- Caleb Taylor (1690-?)
He served in King Philip's War in 1675 under Capt. Sill. He attained the title of Sergeant, at least.
The administration of his will (1694) refers to him as a carpenter.
The administration of his estate can be found in Middlesex Probate Records, Vol. 9, p. 785.
- NEHGS Register, Volume 17, p. 312-314
- NEHGS Register, Volume 18, p. 47
- Plymouth Colony Wills, volume III, page 96.