|Ridge Township, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||14.8 sq mi (38.4 km2)|
|• Land||14.8 sq mi (38.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||856 ft (261 m)|
|• Density||34.5/sq mi (13.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087211|
Located in the northwestern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Biglick Township, Hancock County - north
- Big Spring Township, Seneca County - northeast corner
- Crawford Township - east
- Salem Township - southeast corner
- Richland Township - south
- Amanda Township, Hancock County - west
No municipalities are located in Ridge Township.
Name and historyEdit
Statewide, the only other Ridge Township is located in Van Wert County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- ^ a b "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. http://geonames.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ Wyandot County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- ^ §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Ridge Township, Wyandot County, Ohio. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|