Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Several generations of the Warren family resided at Nayland.
- Warenne Family Ancestry
- Father: John Warren 1430A (Timeline does not agree)
- Mother: ?
- 1485 (ABT) : Birth
- 1512 (ABT) : Marriage to Margaret (___).
- 1544 : Died at Wissington, Suffolk, England.
Robert was born perhaps about 1485 and married Margaret (____). He lived in Wissington, Suffolk, England. Died between 29 Oct 1544 and 22 Feb 1545 per his will. Per his will he lived at Wissington and was to be buried there. Per his will he had substantial property at Wynston Prestney.
Nayland-with-Wissington are two small parishes (Nayland and Wiston) that lie together on the north bank of the River Stour in the far southern edge of Suffolk County next to Essex County. It is a mostly agricultural community that dates back to early Norman times.
The Warren Family wills recorded in Nayland Parish substantiate the Warren family line back to this Robert Warren (1485-1544) and his brother Thomas.
Children of Robert and Margaret Warren
|Offspring of Robert Warren and Margaret Leigh (c1489-1545)|
|James Warren (c1515-aft1543)|| |
|Lawrence Warren (c1517-aft1543)|| |
|Thomas Warren (c1520-1559)|| |
|Anne Warren (c1523-aft1543)|| |
|John Warren (1525-1576)||<year not a number> Nayland, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom||<year not a number> Nayland, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom|| Unknown (-c1558)|
Christian Hinson (-c1561)
Agness Ann Howlett (1527-1567)
Margaret Firmett (-1576)
|William Warren (c1527-aft1543)|
All children probably born and died at Wissington / Nayland.
- James Warren - b. 1515, Named in will as eldest son (living).
- Lawrence Warren - b. 1516, Named in will (second listed)
- Thomas Warren - (1520-1559) Named in will and see also his own will below. Per his own will Thomas died between 13 and 20 March 1559.
- Anne Warren - b. 1523, Named in will, Listed as Ann Lorkin in the will of Brother Thomas.
- John Warren 1522A - b. 1525, missing from father's will but listed in brother Thomas' will. and is his own will.
- William Warren - b. 1527, Named in will
The Will of Robert Warren
- The Will of Robarte Warren, aged and sick in body, 29 October 1544. To be buried in the churchyard of our lady at Wyston [Wissington]. To the high altar there 12d. To wife Margarett the house that I dwell in now which I did purchase of the widow Payne, with all the lands, groves, woods, meadows, and pastures unto the same belonging, as I myself hold it by copy of court roll of the manor of Alpheley Hall, during the term of her life, and after her death to James my son and his heirs, and if he die before his mother then to his next brother and to his heirs lawfully begotten, and so from one brother to another. My milch beasts and oxen to be sold and the money used to pay debts, and the residue to my wife. To my son James a white bullock. To son Lawrence and to daughter Anne 20s. each after the decease of their mother. To son Thomas three horses, harness, a cart, plough, etc. All the wheat being in Hawkyns barn to be divided equally between my wife and son Thomas, he to pay my son William 20s. out of my land called Wynston Prestney at twenty years of age. Residue of all goods to wife Margarett, with an hundred of wood out of Wyston Prestney, and I make her my whole executrix. Mr. James Abbs of Nayland, supervisor. Witnesses : Henrye Lorkyn, Willm. Plampyn of Wyston, and Thomas Gostlynge of Grotton, and others. Proved 22 February 1545 by the executrix. (Archdeaconry of Sudbury, Longe, 489).
- The Wills of the Warren Family - Nayland, Suffolk
- Genealogical and Family History of Southern New York and the Hudson River - By William Richard Cutter, pg 75-77 (Warren Family).
- Warenne Family Ancestry -