|Birth:||1822, Fairfield County, Ohio |
|Death:||2 Jul 1891 Winamac, Indiana|
|Father:||Nicholas Messerly (1793)|
|Mother:||Elizabeth Caley (bef1814-?)|
- 1850 Census records show Samuel was living with his younger brother Christian and his family.
- 1860 United States Federal Census shows Samuel Messerly b 1822 living in Miami, Indiana, employed as a day laborer, living with a potter same age and his son aged 11. Column 13 is checked indicating "Person over 20 who could not read or write".
- 1870, Samuel Messerley born about abt 1820 - Ohio is in Washington, Miami, Indiana
- Note: Samuel 1822 should not be confused with Samuel Messerly (1823) who emigrated from Switzerland in 1854, married to Barbara Messerly.
Tentative hypothesis is that Samuel was without children. In 1860, he is in Indiana at age 38 in a household with a man and a boy, working as an unskilled laborer with census indicating he is deaf and dumb. It would have been difficult for him to start a family then. Still, it is conceivable that he did and there be no record, due to the loss of the 1870 census.
|Portal | Category|
|Name||Birthdate||Birthplace||Death date||Death place||Male Line|
|Children of Nicholas Messerly (1793) and Elizabeth Caley|
|Nicholas G. Messerly (1819-1872)||1819||1872||checked|
|Maria Messerly (1820)||1820||1820||Died as infant|
|Samuel Messerly (1822-1891)||1822||Fairfield Co, OH||2 Jul 1891||Winamac, IN||checked|
|Christian Messerly (1824-1886)||1824||1886||checked|
|George Messerly (1826)||1826||1873||checked|
|Jonas Messerly (1828)||17 Sep 1828||Basil Ohio||1881||checked|
|James Messerly (1830)||1830||1890||checked|
- ^ Birth and Death information from telephone and mail between "Carl J. Messerly," and Greg Raven, March 30, 2006.
- ^ 1800 United States Federal Census > Pennsylvania > Clinton > Dunnstable > District 12> Page 1, Line 1.