Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Married: Elizabeth Duncan (c1750-1845) Identified as the wife of Samuel Porter in Laughlin 1845.
- Margaret Porter (?-?)
- Hugh Porter (?-?)
- Samuel Porter (?-?)
(Noted in list for Samuel Porter and Elizabeth in the Halderman Papers. See records below.)
Halderman Papers. P.289 Return of Prisoners sent from Niagra & Arrived at Montreal this 4 Oct 1782
- Saml Porter (Samuel Porter (1735-c1820)) Also known as Samuel Porter of Temple Hill
- Eliz Porter Elizabeth Duncan (c1750-1845)
- Margt Porter
- Hugh Porter
- Saml Porter
- Laughlin, Samuel Hervey 1845. A Diary of Public Events and Notices of My Life and Family and Of My Private Transactions including Studies, Travels, Readings Correspondence, Business Anecdotes,Miscellaneous Memoranda of Men, Literature, Etc From January 1st, 1845 to August, 1845 and Sketch of my Life from Infancy (See http://www.rootsweb.com/~varussel/families/samuelherveylaughlindiary.html)
- Hamilton, Emory L. 1976. Captain John Dunkin of Elk Garden. Historical Sketches, Volume 10, 1976, pages 22-28, published by The Historical Society of Southwest Virginia. See http://www.shawhan.com/dunkin.html. Hamilton appears to have used Laughlin 1845 as a basic source of information for this family.
- Halderman Papers, Add Mss 21, 843 Microfilm Roll A-765. See http://www.shawhan.com/prisoners.html for a list of prisoners returned from captivity in Canada.